Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multimatic 200

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multimatic 200

I was the first in my area to get this machine ( Multimatic 200 ). I was a little hesitant at first, but I am glad i bought it. This welder is, in my opinion, the best overall welder on the market. I have been welding for a little over 20 years and to have one machine that can mig, tig, stick and incorperate a spool gun is awesome. I find myself looking for stuff to weld just to play with the welder. The only thing its lacking is the ability to cut and to tig aluminium. I am very impressed.

Thanks Barry, this is helpful information!!!

Comment

Multimatic 200

Originally posted by SteveBryant View Post
      Thanks Barry, this is helpful information!!!
      Your welcome Steve

Comment

Multimatic 200

Yes Barry I as well own one and its been one of the best investments I have made and let me tell you it has made it's money back

Comment

I have a question on the MM200 that I hope someone can answer. I have a Weldcraft LS17 tig torch with fingertip on/off and amperage controls. When I tig weld, neither of these functions seem to work. I can't control the amperage from the dial and the torch is always live. It won't turn on or off with the torch switch. I'm wondering if it can be because I was welding with the auto-set feature on. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Comment

Homer,
            I can't say for sure, but I'll hazard a guess. Now, just to let you know, this isn't a wild a** guess, I'm a retired aviation electronics engineer and I've done a lot of troubleshooting of electrical/electronic equipment to determine why a certain feature may not work properly and how to resolve the issue.

So here's what I think is going on. The wiring of your plug from the Weldcraft LS17 does not match up properly (interface) with the mating input receptacle on the MultiMatic 200. The probable solution would be to review the wiring diagrams for the LS17 and the TIG connector regarding wire function. Is the P/N for your LS17 specific to the MultiMatic 200 or is it designed for another welder? There could be different setups for various applications or they may all be exactly the same. You could also have a broken or disconnected wire on the welder or the torch end. Just some food for thought.

Steve

BTW, I bought the MultiMatic back in September and I think that it's a great welder!

Comment

Steve, thank you for the reply. I bought the torch from Cyberweld.com. It was listed as specifically for the Multimatic 200. They had them listed at $174...the cheapest anywhere by far. Now, the same torch is $330. I have written to Weldcraft but have yet to hear back from them.

Comment

Do you have dial on the front of the unit set on "Tig Lift Arc Remote" or "Tig Lift Arc" ?

Comment

I originally had it set to Tig - Lift Arc. Then I tried the Tig Lift Arc Remote and got nothing...no arc.

Comment

If you have it in "Lift Arc Tig" the tungsten will be hot all the time. You should be using the remote setting and the button on the gun should fire it.

Comment

Kevin, I tried that and didn't seem to be able to strike an arc. I'm going to give it another try now and see how it goes. I'll get back to you in a bit. Thanks very much...

Comment

Kevin, you're a genius! I could swear that I tried that yesterday with no luck. You know I do have some days when I wonder what the **** I'm doing!

I switched the 200 to remote and the on/off switch, gas and amp dial all seem to work. I really appreciate your help with this. One more question; when I'm trying to tig weld (I say trying because that's all I'm doing right now) and I get a really bright arc is that due to improper cleaning of the workpiece? I know the arc will flare if I touch the tunsten, but I'm getting some really bright arcs every now and then.

Comment

how do you like the tig setup homer?

Comment

I tried it last week and couldn't get the torch switch to work. I got some advice from Miller Kevin and got everything straightened out. I'm still wrestling with it but I like it. I have pretty large hands so I'm finding it a little difficult to reach the amp control dial on the torch so I ordered a foot pedal from SCC Controls. So far, everything about this machine is...smoooooth! I built myself a cart over the weekend. So far, I haven't exceeded duty cycle yet. How about you? How do you like it?

Comment

Multimatic 200

I love the machine I'm just now getting the the point I'm wanting a tig setup for the welder

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.