• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jake
    started a topic 200DX no high frequency start

200DX no high frequency start

I have searched and searched.

I did check the contacts cleaned and set at .010

I did blow the machine back out and clean out the dirt dauber nest in the bottom. It will weld on lift and stick.

Where do I check the input voltage to the HF transformer? it looks like the transformer is behind the HF contacts. The machine is an 2005 model, this is the first time I have had any HF problems, actually this has been the first problem I have ever had out of the machine.

Where do yall check to see if the pedal is triggering for the HF I had seen that some people had some HF issues over the pedal. My pedal did try to commit suicide off the cart a few weeks back but was saved at the last second by the cord.

Trying to weld up some band saw blades with no HF is proving to be next to impossible.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

• 'Stang
    replied
    280dx

Originally posted by jake View Post
    Yeah I'm waiting for the 280 also....oh well my 280 fund is depleted now...
    Guess I' behind times! Is Miller coming out with a 280 DX? I just bought a 200 dx. WTF!Is my machine already outdated?

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied
    Nw Syncrowave

Originally posted by Helios View Post
    Then buy a new Syncrowave!
    Then buy a new Dynasty. If you are an experienced welder-then play with the Dynasty and find out what it is capable of! It continues to amaze me!

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied
    Originally posted by jake View Post
    The shop just called me. One bad IGBT $350 and One bad board $75. $130 labor They said the HF works its just the other problems causing it not to work. They said that is why I was having so much of a problem trying to lift arc what I was welding also with the bad IGBT the current was real hard to maintain. It is the bottom snubber board. Also the one I found the dirt dauber nest on. Hmm I think they may have killed my machine. FM

One hand I think about trying to get the parts, and matching up the IGBT since I have found 200A 1200VDC IGBT's for $200
    Hey! Just got my 200DX a couple of months ago. Not had any problems yet. My opinion-they are like a new car, under warranty-get the bugs out! I will pay the price to get mine fixed, up to a point-then say, "Time for a NEW ONE"

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    Don't touch the freaking unit, if your going to take it in, take it in. If your going to replace pc-7, then replace it yourself. www.miller4less.com

Leave a comment:

• t1113rs
    replied
    Lf227875

My serial # is LF227875
    Stock # 907099-01-1

Yes, I reset the machine and tried another pedal just to be sure... I will open the cover and check the primary voltage before the HF coil like you told the other guy; just for my own curiosity, before I take it in...

I've been using a 350DX from another department with a bunch of old guys who still keep using this 30 year old Lincoln and were leaving this 350DX sit alone in a corner... They considered it too "new fangled". I've resolved to never let myself turn into one of those guys...

Leave a comment:

• cruizer
    replied
    I don't know your serial#, but it sounds like pc7, your arc starter board has lit. Quite common. and quite an easy fix.

Also could be a simple qlitch, have you reset the machine??

Leave a comment:

• t1113rs
    replied
    Dynasty 200DX No High Frequency

Same deal with me!!!

I bought my Dynasty 200DX new in Dec.2004 and had no problems until now - 9 years later...
    Wednesday at work... Used it all day - no problems... Thursday, come in - morning coffee.... Turn it on like normal with a regular boot up with no error messages - but NO HF!!!! Had to switch over to lift arc to get me through the day... Almost 9 years old - trouble free... and BANG - problems...

I think the farmers motto applies here... Only the 1st new tractor is the expensive one... Better to regularly trade-up so you plan to be out only your $$$ difference minus any headaches... So you stay current...

I didn't think Blue Lightning and the 4 added waveforms were enough to make me trade up... but I should have traded up with the times and never looked back...

If you look back at the older complaints posted here and elsewhere - you'll see that Miller engineers had to come up with a refreshed new model (Blue Lightning) per their complaints/life cycle tests... "I smelled the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way..."

If you use these tools for your trade, use eBay to move your old machine and then be happy to add your $$$ difference... Don't begrudge it... Take your share of the depreciation. Be happy knowing the headaches you have spared yourself; and continuously know the thrill of the new, latest, and greatest machines...
    Last edited by t1113rs; 07-12-2013, 04:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerboy
    replied
    Yeah bro I have one at work, and it is truely a beast. I wanna own that beast! Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    Originally posted by Gingerboy View Post
    I have a syncro 180sd, and im gonna bump up to a 250, already convinced myself.
    That's what I run and it's a beast!

Leave a comment:

• jake
    replied
    I was getting pretty excited about buying a 200dx, but when I heard about the 280 coming out soon I decided to sit back and wait. Im really getting leary now hearing about these costly problems, and as the machines get old and outdated parts will only get more expensive. Trust me im a tried and true miller guy, but im up in the air now. And there aint nothing more that I love than buying a new machine!

Yeah I'm waiting for the 280 also....oh well my 280 fund is depleted now...

Leave a comment:

• Gingerboy
    replied
    I have a syncro 180sd, and im gonna bump up to a 250, already convinced myself.

Leave a comment:

• Helios
    replied
    Trust me im a tried and true miller guy, but im up in the air now. And there aint nothing more that I love than buying a new machine!
    Then buy a new Syncrowave!

Leave a comment:

• Gingerboy
    replied
    I was getting pretty excited about buying a 200dx, but when I heard about the 280 coming out soon I decided to sit back and wait. Im really getting leary now hearing about these costly problems, and as the machines get old and outdated parts will only get more expensive. Trust me im a tried and true miller guy, but im up in the air now. And there aint nothing more that I love than buying a new machine!

Leave a comment:

• cobymoby
    replied
    Ouch. Hope it all works out for you. I smoked my Dynasty after a week. Bought brand new and was fixed under warranty.

Please keep us updated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X