XMT 300 cc/cv problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMT 300 cc/cv problem

I am in desperate need of two resistor values on the main control board for my machine.
    Machine is a XMT 300 cc/cv
    stock # 903277
    Serial# KE694034

The resistors are R19 and R20 on the main control board. Next to connector RC8.
    I do not have the funds to replace the board. I am very exp in board level repairs of equipment.
    I realize that most of the time when a resistor fails it is because of some other component failure. However I have tested everything in relation to these two resistors and have found no other problems.
    Please help I am at my wits end.
    The last course of action is two install two variable resistors and adjust until unit works again. Do not like to go this route because of the risk of blowing something up.

Any help would be great.
    Thank You,
    RPM

OK, just had a looksee on your machines schematics, you have a problem with your output diodes, caps. Something has shorted. This would take out R20/19 which actually run to RC12 10 & 11

Comment

Thank You.
      I will check them out now. Do you happen to have the values for r19 and r20
      Great forum

Comment

Can't you still make out the color codes, as the manual doesn't show the values.
        Last edited by cruizer; 07-23-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I wish I could it would be to easy then. The two resistors are browned out no color left.
          I was hopping someone had a service manual or another board they could look it up for me.
          the part number for the board is. 169-785
          Thanks for your help
          RPM

Comment

Well, your going to have to find someone with that old board, and have them pull RC12 to get the correct values. Since I look at the service manuals, thats not going to help you much.

Comment

Well I checked the capacitors and they are ok . Working on testing the diodes next. Anyone else have opinion on what to test next.
              I still have to find out the values of the resistors that are burnt on the main board.
              That is going to remain the hardest part after finding whatever component cause their failure.

Comment

We are talking about the diodes behind the tank capacitors, left side, upper. The little disk caps are just there for voltage suppresion.

Comment

Well i have checked the output diodes and they are ok could it be one of the large transistor modules?
                  at this point everything seems to be ok .
                  well that is except the two resistors.
                  I cant think of any other way of finding the values besides buying a control board or finding a like unit and looking inside.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Just a thought but would any of the places that do board repair be able to help you. I know they are easily found using google.

Comment

Well if those output diodes are ok, the unit either took a surge or the main board is toast. Best send it out for repair.inspection. I've been using Radwell

Comment

Working...
                      X