Diversion 180 VS. Syncrowave 200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80A breaker

Like the manual says 80A is the recommended MAX breaker. Most guys will tell you 50A is adequate. I have both welded stick and tig at 200A and never popped a breaker.

Comment

I don't what the money difference is but being able to do stick would be a big plus. As long as portability isn't a issue the 200 is to me a lot more machine. I think the current model has a 110 outlet on the machine.
      The diversion will be a quiet running machine where as the 200 will be noisy.

Comment

50 amp

I've run my Sync 200 off a 50 AMP breaker years and never had any issues. It doesn't seem to spike the power bill much when I'm doing a lot of welding, maybe $5.00 in a month (?). I believe a transformer machine is more reliable than an inverter, seeing all the posts on their Dynasty inverters, but I'm sure they all can have issues.
        Yea, it's big and heavy and takes up floor space, but then again nobody is going to carry it off by themselves either.
        Miller Syncrowave 200
        Homemade Water Cooler
        130XP MIG
        Spectrum 375
        60 year old Logan Lathe
        Select Machine and Tool Mill
        More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtie22 View Post
          So which machine would you recommend then? Im torn between which machine will suite me better, they both have good pros and cons.
          Since you are an experienced tigger and cost of power don't matter, get the Sync. You will be able to weld a bit thicker material.

But why possy out? Get yourself a Dynasty200 or 280 and master the welding universe! If ya don't like it, you can get top dollar on the street.
          Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
          3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
          Miller Dynasty200DX
          ThermalArc 400 GTSW
          MillerMatic350P
          MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
          MKCobraMig260
          Lincoln SP-170T
          Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
          Hypertherm 1250
          Hypertherm 800
          PlasmaCam CNC cutter
          Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
          SiberHegner CNC Mill
          2 ea. Bridgeport
          LeBlond 15" Lathe
          Haberle 18" Cold Saw
          Doringer 14" Cold Saw
          6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

Way too much "noise" is made about the power savings of an inverter vs a transformer based machine. For the average home user (non-production shop), the difference in power consumption will be IN THE NOISE LEVEL.

The lack of operator control (balance, pulse, etc) combined with the lack of a stick welding capability rule out the entire Diversion line for me.

As most on here know, I'm a dyed in the wool "blue guy", but I'd look at the TA185 vs the Sync 200 over a Diversion any day.

Another thing, is that you may seriously look at the used market for Sync 200's. The machines have proven to be very reliable. On the other hand, if buying an inverter, I'd lean towards a new machine (with warranty).
            Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200 DX
            Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
            Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
            Hobart HH187
            Dialarc 250 AC/DC
            Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
            Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
            PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
            Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
            Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
            More grinders than hands

Comment

Originally posted by nocheepgas View Post
              I've run my Sync 200 off a 50 AMP breaker years and never had any issues. It doesn't seem to spike the power bill much when I'm doing a lot of welding, maybe $5.00 in a month (?). I believe a transformer machine is more reliable than an inverter, seeing all the posts on their Dynasty inverters, but I'm sure they all can have issues.
              Yea, it's big and heavy and takes up floor space, but then again nobody is going to carry it off by themselves either.

So I'm assuming your using the 3 prong 50 amp plug then? And if I would put a bit higher amp breaker could I still use the 50 amp plug or do I need a 4 prong. And I think I have either 8 or 6 gauge running to my plug (plug is directly under breaker box) should I increase size of wire?

Comment

Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
                Way too much "noise" is made about the power savings of an inverter vs a transformer based machine. For the average home user (non-production shop), the difference in power consumption will be IN THE NOISE LEVEL.

The lack of operator control (balance, pulse, etc) combined with the lack of a stick welding capability rule out the entire Diversion line for me.

As most on here know, I'm a dyed in the wool "blue guy", but I'd look at the TA185 vs the Sync 200 over a Diversion any day.

Another thing, is that you may seriously look at the used market for Sync 200's. The machines have proven to be very reliable. On the other hand, if buying an inverter, I'd lean towards a new machine (with warranty).

Yeah I'm pretty sure I've made my mind up on the sync 200. And I have talked to my dealer that comes to race shop and they don't have any used ones. I've been looking but I don't trust eBay for a used machine, may get a new machine off there bc the welding store down here says up to 3 weeks just to get it to them and may be up to a month or longer before I see it.

Comment

Listen to the people telling you the truth.
                  I would get a Syncrowave.
                  But I would get a 250, not a 200.
                  Syncrowave 250 is a monster.
                  Industry standard

Comment

Don't know where you live, I'm in NJ and have a used sync for sale, if your close enough

Comment

Originally posted by go2building View Post
                      Don't know where you live, I'm in NJ and have a used sync for sale, if your close enough

How old is the machine? Let me know some details

Comment

Pm sent call me

Comment

Working...
                        X