Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone looking for work in the shipyards in Norfolk, VA ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone looking for work in the shipyards in Norfolk, VA ???

Here is a link. They are looking for experience in pulse arc and ceramic tape.

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/trd/3102081138.html
    JIM

Owner Operator of JNT Mobile Welding & Repair LLC
    Millermatic 350P Aluma Pro
    Dynasty 200DX
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitecase 12RC
    Extreme 12VS
    Extreme 8VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Miller HF251D-1
    Passport Plus
    Spoolmate 100
    Hypertherm Powermax 45 and 85
    Ingersoll Rand Engine Driven Compressor
    Dake 75 ton H-Frame Press
    JD Squared Model 32 Bender
    Miller Digital Elite

Kinda strange that they are advertising clear up there.... but we do actually have quite a few Ohioans at our shipyard here. They must know there's no work back home

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguynick View Post
      Kinda strange that they are advertising clear up there.... but we do actually have quite a few Ohioans at our shipyard here. They must know there's no work back home
      There are plenty of welding jobs in Ohio they just don't pay anything, yet...Bob
      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
      http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

The reason they are advertising all the way up there is because everyone local has wised up to the ship yeard welding hahaha. Miserable conditions, low pay and lay offs. Alot of the people I work with came from norfolk ship yards and newport news. They hire everytime they get a big build then get rid when it is slack.
        Lincoln Vantage Kubota diesel 30 amp spool gun , Hobart 210 with spool gun, Thermal dynamic pak master 75, miller 304xmt all mobile all ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
          There are plenty of welding jobs in Ohio they just don't pay anything, yet...Bob

Same thing here, in Pittsburgh. Plenty of jobs being advertised, but you can't hardly get by on $12-$15/hr anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Gmmandan View Post
            The reason they are advertising all the way up there is because everyone local has wised up to the ship yeard welding hahaha. Miserable conditions, low pay and lay offs. Alot of the people I work with came from norfolk ship yards and newport news. They hire everytime they get a big build then get rid when it is slack.
            I'm hoping I'll be ok being a pipe welder. A lot of the older pipe welders at our yard have been there 30+ years nonstop. I have heard they lay off a ton at Portsmouth and other repair yards around here. Being in new construction, plus the overhauls, I think I'll be pretty safe.

Comment

Yeah Newport news is the est one around here my dad works at Huntington Ingalls Ie the Newport news ship yard. I Believe he has been there for 6 years he has never been laid off he has talked about some of the other trades being let go.
              Lincoln Vantage Kubota diesel 30 amp spool gun , Hobart 210 with spool gun, Thermal dynamic pak master 75, miller 304xmt all mobile all ready to go.

Comment

Working...
              X