Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titanium 9400 helmet

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanium 9400 helmet

Anyone using these helmets yet? My employer is considering buying all our welders these helmets because of the arc time tracking feature. Part of our quest to become a LEAN manufacturing plant. Any pros and cons?

titanium9400

My employer just order me one.i should get it tuesday. I will post after a couple of days of using it. I couldn't find any reviews on it but it looked like it would do the job for me.

Comment

I have had the 9400i for about 6 months, I got it with the PAPR. I really like it, the i has the flip lens with built in grinding shield so cover plates and grind shields cost more than the 2x4 ones. The new helmets have a redesigned headgear thats supposed to be more comfortable, along with the digital lens. I always get hosed when Miller improves things, I usually buy and then a short time later they add features to what already was there top of the line unit, and I find myself wanting the newest latest greatest.

Comment

That would be the day when I tell my boss to kiss my ass when they tell me what helmet I have to use!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jbomb View Post
          That would be the day when I tell my boss to kiss my ass when they tell me what helmet I have to use!!!!
          They buy our helmets for us. We now use the digital elite by Miller. If we get new ones we get to take the old one home....not a bad deal. You'd only tell me that once if you now what I mean! They are not making us use cheap ones by any means.

Comment

All you should ever need is a pipeliner hood!!! Never have and never will use a auto tint

Comment

Titanium 9400

Well I got it yesterday and have used it for two days. It gets a 10 out of 10 from me.I am a production welder building River jet boats ,fishing boats made of aluminum. This helmet is very comfortable ,reflects heat like it said it would.this is my third Miller,I also have a speed glass with fresh air pack.nice too, but a bit of a pain sometimes for the work I am doing.these new millers are a big step up from the last digital elite I bought.head gear is awsome.I have only been able to get two years out of my other millers,keep in mind I am hard on helmets but the new ones come with a 3 year warrenty.I am very happy with the choice I made,this is a very comfortable helmet,good protection.nice glass and very easy to change settings for cutting /tig, etc. I couldn't find a review on this helmet from other welders before I bought it. so if your looking to buy one its sweet.the info track is cool too. it has a clock and an alarm so you wont miss your coffee break hope this helps,it works for me.Oh and if you have already a miller with the old style head band I think the new syle head band will fit some models. the head band on this helmet is awsome.

Comment

Originally posted by jbomb View Post
                All you should ever need is a pipeliner hood!!! Never have and never will use a auto tint
                Tell me how a pipeliner hood is better in a fabrication shop than an auto hood
                Kevin

Comment

I fab in the shop all the time with mine, I have 2 tho. One without the flip and one I added a flip front to for heavy grinding and buffing. I've done lots of tig with them as well no problems.

Comment

Titanium 9400 helmet

Jbomb is right for the first five or so years of my career I spent a ton on hoods cause a hood wood last me less than a year I bought speed glas and optrels the two best in the industry for auto lens and the lightest ..... But once I learned to actually weld ... Weld anything in any position I bought what all the pros use a pipeliner cut down to fit me by me... I have one with an american optics cool blue lens for tig. And one with a number ten glass lens the optics in one of there's is far superior to any auto lens .... So if you can strike an arc in the dark it's a no brainer... Not one person can argue that there is a hood out there with an auto lens that is clearer than a plain glass lens.

Comment

That's right Dr pipe, I have Some original Lincoln super visibility lenses in Mine and can see clear as day in the shop or out side and I don't have to worry about the cold or something not working as you do with the auto tints!!!!!

Comment

lol

lol

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Kevin.

Comment

titanium 9400

The info track is cool. I thought it took a lot longer to weld out a hull of a boat than it did . the helmet will tell you how long, down to the minute it took to weld out the job. handy for a lean shop. day 4 with this helmet and its awsome.

Comment

Titanium 9400 helmet

Does it bring you coffee or grind your bead ..... Sold!! Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.