Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millermatic 212 advice / suggestions?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 212 advice / suggestions?

Hello all! As you probably can see, I'm new here and have been looking to purchase a miller mig welder for quite some time now. I have found a fairly new miller millermatic 212 at a local flea market here, and it does seem to be in good condition! (Not beat up or external physical damage) The seller is asking $400 for it, and doesn't seem to know much about welders... My issue is that I have no way of testing the machine before purchase as there isn't any power at the flea market.

So, that being said.. I'm asking for any tips or advice on what to look for or anything I can do to check if the machine is functional before purchase, as there isn't any warranty or returns. What do you folks think?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time!

-Dustin

$400.00 bux for a MM212???

Comment

I would question it of its only $400... New they are around $1800 something like that... All I can say is you would be takin a chance on it...

Comment

Maybe see if it still has a serial# on it, probably not at $400

Comment

Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
          $400.00 bux for a MM212???
          Yep

Originally posted by Diversion180beads View Post
          I would question it of its only $400... New they are around $1800 something like that... All I can say is you would be takin a chance on it...
          I suppose it could be stolen, hope he just wants it gone or something though.

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          Maybe see if it still has a serial# on it, probably not at $400
          Where can that be found? Any tips on what to look for in it to make sure its running?

Thanks for the quick replies! Really appreciate it.

-Dustin

Comment

Where's this flea market I'll take the chance?

Comment

Originally posted by mag View Post
              Where's this flea market I'll take the chance?
              I'm not looking to give away the possible deal that I've been looking for, sorry. Check your local markets...

-Dustin

Comment

Get a proper receipt, bottom line is at that price I would imagine it is stolen. Anyone can easily find out it's value through the Internet. With that being said a $1800 welder for $400....it's not rocket science. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X
                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.