Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro 300 problem

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro 300 problem

Hey guys, ive got a 2005 Miller pro 300 with 3500 hrs on it. Has seemed underpowered lately so we hooked it up to a load bank and it only hits 280 amps. It has a max rating of 405 at 30% duty cycle. Hoping someone here might have some ideas.

Thanks
    Chad

Had a new one in here yesterday, unloaded it could only put out 280 amps, after 3 hrs of loading it hit 380 amps but that was about it.

Yours i likely a engine RPM issue if it han't been in for service in a while.

Comment

Thanks, just checked rpm, your right it is about 1600 loaded. I think thats about 200 shy. What do you think would likely cause this.

Chad

Comment

Unit breaks in, and RPM decreases, quite normal. Thats why you have to have a good relationship with your Miller repair depot, and bring it in for service once in a while. Thats why I have many loyal customers.

Comment

What causes the drop?

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.