Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

not enough power in my 125V arc welder

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not enough power in my 125V arc welder

hey guys im just wondering if there is anyway possible if i can give more power to my 125 arc welder through a standard plug in, ive been using 1/16 rods but id like to go higher, in order to do so i need to turn the heat up, but once i turn the heat up i can get a nice arc but only for a few seconds until my breaker goes. i got a 120/240-VAC circuit panel, please any advise would be great!!!!! PS there is no way that i can put a new panel in, because i already have 2

Originally posted by Mitch615 View Post
    hey guys im just wondering if there is anyway possible if i can give more power to my 125 arc welder through a standard plug in, ive been using 1/16 rods but id like to go higher, in order to do so i need to turn the heat up, but once i turn the heat up i can get a nice arc but only for a few seconds until my breaker goes. i got a 120/240-VAC circuit panel, please any advise would be great!!!!! PS there is no way that i can put a new panel in, because i already have 2
    I think you need to face the inevitable and move up to a 230vac machine...

sounds like you have reached the upper limits of what you can do with a small machine... time to move up.... lots of used buzzboxes on CL Search Tempest for reasonable prices....

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Comment

If you still have room on the welding machine to turn up the "heat" then

install a 120v 30amp Circuit-

10g wire & a 30amp Breaker

You didn't mention the size of the breaker you have

Comment

H8ON, thanks for the search tempest site, i am always looking for an old pan head on CL, this makes the process much quicker. nice job

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.