No announcement yet.

Dynasty 280DX When?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got 2 test drive the 280 @ a trade show back in Feb. Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crabber View Post
      Better to let Miller run the 280 through accelerated usage cycles than us!

I sold my 200DX when I heard about the 280 thinking it might change the used market price. I bought a D350 because I needed more amperage and it is the finest welder I have ever used!

-Ian
      Are you saying that the D350 welds better than the D200 or just that you enjoy having more "head room"?

Comment

Originally posted by johnpon View Post
        Are you saying that the D350 welds better than the D200 or just that you enjoy having more "head room"?
        I bought the Dynasty 200 brand new in 2005 and the D350 brand new in 2012.

The 200 did everything it was designed to do well. The 350 is doing the same with lots more power.

The starts are better on the 350, but it is seven years newer than the tech of the 200 when I got it.

The 200 is very portable, much more than the 350. That portability is quite profitable.

-Ian
        :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!:

Comment

Originally posted by shovelon View Post
          Well if you do wait, you will be glad you did. This 280 is so cutting edge, it is scary.
          How so? I understand it will have an SD slot but exactly what else are you thinking it's going to have that will be better than the 350? Besides the size of course

To be better than the 350 it would have to do the work for you.. Now walking into the shop and telling the welder to do my work while I relax is about all I can imagine that it could possibly do to beat the 350!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner12R View Post
            How so? I understand it will have an SD slot but exactly what else are you thinking it's going to have that will be better than the 350? Besides the size of course

To be better than the 350 it would have to do the work for you.. Now walking into the shop and telling the welder to do my work while I relax is about all I can imagine that it could possibly do to beat the 350!!
            I got to test drive the 280. There are 2 versions of the 280, the 280 basic, and the 280DX.

The DX model has all the parameter functions available for adjusting on the fly, like the 350 has. I believe it has the SD interface also.

The basic has a user panel just like the Diversion. You set the metal, then thickness, and the machine does all the rest for you. The SD card will open up a whole new universe for welding IMO.

The extra 80 amps over the 200 makes a huge difference, not as big as the 350, but amazing all the same.
            Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
            3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
            Miller Dynasty200DX
            ThermalArc 400 GTSW
            MillerMatic350P
            MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
            MKCobraMig260
            Lincoln SP-170T
            Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
            Hypertherm 1250
            Hypertherm 800
            PlasmaCam CNC cutter
            Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
            SiberHegner CNC Mill
            2 ea. Bridgeport
            LeBlond 15" Lathe
            Haberle 18" Cold Saw
            Doringer 14" Cold Saw
            6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Comment

Originally posted by shovelon View Post
              I got to test drive the 280. There are 2 versions of the 280, the 280 basic, and the 280DX.

The DX model has all the parameter functions available for adjusting on the fly, like the 350 has. I believe it has the SD interface also.

The basic has a user panel just like the Diversion. You set the metal, then thickness, and the machine does all the rest for you. The SD card will open up a whole new universe for welding IMO.

The extra 80 amps over the 200 makes a huge difference, not as big as the 350, but amazing all the same.
              How will an SD slot make a difference? I understand it may possibly open up the ability of future updates to the software if Miller sees fit to do so, but what else do you think it will allow? I'm not arguing at all just curious.. My biggest complaint about the 350 is size but it's A LOT of welding machine and although I would really love it if it were smaller like the 280. I wouldn't be willing to give up an once of reliability if making it smaller meant making the machine less durable.

Comment

How will an SD slot make a difference? I understand it may possibly open up the ability of future updates to the software if Miller sees fit to do so, but what else do you think it will allow? I'm not arguing at all just curious.. My biggest complaint about the 350 is size but it's A LOT of welding machine and although I would really love it if it were smaller like the 280. I wouldn't be willing to give up an once of reliability if making it smaller meant making the machine less durable.
                All I was able to do was test drive it. The sd card will be useful for accessing finely tuned programs or just diagosis. For me anyway. I think the technonerd wll have a field day.
                If and when they release them I may get one and mess with it. I am keeping my 200dx busy and could put it to work right away. I don't know what the delay is but I hope it is coming soon.

Miller Dynasty700DX
                Miller Dynasty200DX
                ThermalArc 400 GTSW
                MillerMatic350P
                MKCobraMig260
                Lincoln SP-170T
                Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
                Hypertherm 1250
                Hypertherm 800
                PlasmaCam CNC cutter
                Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
                SiberHegner CNC Mill
                2 ea. Bridgeport
                LeBlond 15" Lathe
                Haberle 18" Cold Saw
                Doringer 14" Cold Saw

Comment

Shovelon I notice you have a 350P. That's on my short list as my next purchase from the welding store. I'm hoping with the powered gun it will be an aluminum welding monster is it? Is there any other that you feel is a better choice? From all I've read and seen the 350P looks like the best bang for the buck..

Comment

Shovelon I notice you have a 350P. That's on my short list as my next purchase from the welding store. I'm hoping with the powered gun it will be an aluminum welding monster is it? Is there any other that you feel is a better choice? From all I've read and seen the 350P looks like the best bang for the buck..
                    It is a monster for me. I use it only for alum, and thick alum at that. I don't take advantage of the pulse because it compromises the strenght of the joint.

Here is a sample of a structure I use it on, and those tacks are brilliant. The alumipro gun is state of the art. The alum is 1" thick, and the filler is .045" 5356.

Miller Dynasty700DX
                    Miller Dynasty200DX
                    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
                    MillerMatic350P
                    MKCobraMig260
                    Lincoln SP-170T
                    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
                    Hypertherm 1250
                    Hypertherm 800
                    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
                    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
                    SiberHegner CNC Mill
                    2 ea. Bridgeport
                    LeBlond 15" Lathe
                    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
                    Doringer 14" Cold Saw

Comment

I was at a trade show in Calgary, Alberta yesterday, and the one of the sales guys at the Miller exhibit said that he had received an email memo earlier this week, stating the Dynasty 280 release has been pushed back to September. My brother is interested in buying one, and I am looking forward to playing with it. I don't know who is more impatient...

Obviously I am not the horses mouth, so take this for what its worth.

Cheers,

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by BCRD View Post
                        I was at a trade show in Calgary, Alberta yesterday, and the one of the sales guys at the Miller exhibit said that he had received an email memo earlier this week, stating the Dynasty 280 release has been pushed back to September. My brother is interested in buying one, and I am looking forward to playing with it. I don't know who is more impatient...

Obviously I am not the horses mouth, so take this for what its worth.

Cheers,

Jason
                        A little birdie told me the same thing. I couldn't wait so I picked up something else.

Miller Dynasty700DX
                        Miller Dynasty200DX
                        ThermalArc 400 GTSW
                        MillerMatic350P
                        MKCobraMig260
                        Lincoln SP-170T
                        Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
                        Hypertherm 1250
                        Hypertherm 800
                        PlasmaCam CNC cutter
                        Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
                        SiberHegner CNC Mill
                        2 ea. Bridgeport
                        LeBlond 15" Lathe
                        Haberle 18" Cold Saw
                        Doringer 14" Cold Saw

Comment

Any News..??

rumors..... ??

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                            Any News..??

rumors..... ??
                            Nothing here.

Miller Dynasty700DX
                            Miller Dynasty200DX
                            ThermalArc 400 GTSW
                            MillerMatic350P
                            MKCobraMig260
                            Lincoln SP-170T
                            Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
                            Hypertherm 1250
                            Hypertherm 800
                            PlasmaCam CNC cutter
                            Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
                            SiberHegner CNC Mill
                            2 ea. Bridgeport
                            LeBlond 15" Lathe
                            Haberle 18" Cold Saw
                            Doringer 14" Cold Saw

Comment

Dynasty 280 DX

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                              Any News..??

rumors..... ??
                              John Luck from Miller called me today. He's the guy in charge (Project Manager) for the 280. Told me the Dynasty 280 will be available in September. Final Beta testing is in progress. Price point will be around 6500 +-.
                              John appologized to everyone waiting for this unit. But said they wanted to be sure of it before it hits the shelves. Darn nice of him to call actually.
                              Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Comment

"Price point will be around 6500 +-."

at that level they (Miller) will have them around the warehouse for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X