Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty 280DX When?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 280DX When?

Where is the new Dynasty 280DX and what is the price? I have the 200DX, I need more power. Do I just get the 350 or wait and see the price on the 280? It's March, where is it?
    Kevin

I thought they said April?

Comment

Dynasty 280DX When?

Ok thanks, one more month
      Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by go2building View Post
        Where is the new Dynasty 280DX and what is the price? I have the 200DX, I need more power. Do I just get the 350 or wait and see the price on the 280? It's March, where is it?
        Kevin
        Kevin, I would get pricing on the 350 now. You will have all the features of the 200 plus some. Best thing about the 350 is the power increase and 9 setting memories.

I sent you a PM.

Terry

Comment

Dynasty 280DX When?

Thanks Terry
          I had an idea that's what they would do, I was hoping the 1 would stay the same and the new would be in the middle
          Thanks again kevin
          Last edited by go2building; 03-20-2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Availability of the Dynasty 280 Dx

I called Miller sales in Appleton, Wisconsin. I was told that the 280 dx would not be available until June or July of this year. This is the same response I got when calling cyberweld for availability. I was disappointed as I had hoped, as rumored, that an April release was pending. Guess I need to wait a bit longer

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald Abler View Post
              I called Miller sales in Appleton, Wisconsin. I was told that the 280 dx would not be available until June or July of this year. This is the same response I got when calling cyberweld for availability. I was disappointed as I had hoped, as rumored, that an April release was pending. Guess I need to wait a bit longer
              Well if you do wait, you will be glad you did. This 280 is so cutting edge, it is scary.

Comment

Better to let Miller run the 280 through accelerated usage cycles than us!

I sold my 200DX when I heard about the 280 thinking it might change the used market price. I bought a D350 because I needed more amperage and it is the finest welder I have ever used!

It will be interesting to see how the 280 pans out. I wonder what the price will be?

-Ian

Comment

For the purpose of discussion I would suspect that the price of the 280 dx for effective marketing would lie between the dynasty 200 dx and 350 dx. A non educated guess would put the base "retail" price of the unit without accessories in the $5000 range and the full package with wireless foot control in the $8000 range. I suspect that internet sellers would discount those prices by 10-20%. I will need to save more and figure a way to introduce this to my wife! I fear that she will want an automated sewing machine.

Comment

For the purpose of discussion I would suspect that the price of the 280 dx for effective marketing would lie between the dynasty 200 dx and 350 dx. A non educated guess would put the base "retail" price of the unit without accessories in the $5000 range and the full package with wireless foot control in the $8000 range. I suspect that internet sellers would discount those prices by 10-20%. I will need to save more and figure a way to introduce this to my wife! I fear that she will want an automated sewing machine.
                    Soooo, if that is all it takes.............
                    Last edited by shovelon; 06-15-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Dynasty 280DX When?

I'm going with a 280 tig runner package at a full retail of $9500 and Internet sales at $7900. Hope I'm wrong!!!!!
                      Kevin

Comment

I'm going with a 280 tig runner package at a full retail of $9500 and Internet sales at $7900. Hope I'm wrong!!!!!
                        Kevin
                        Are you starting a pool????

Comment

Originally posted by shovelon View Post
                          Kevin
                          Are you starting a pool????

Should I? What's your price guna be?
                          Kevin

Comment

$5800 - $6000 machine only.

Comment

comparison?

"I sold my 200DX when I heard about the 280 thinking it might change the used market price. I bought a D350 because I needed more amperage and it is the finest welder I have ever used!"

Are you saying the D350 is noticeably a better welder than the 200? Or just as nice with more "head room"?
                              Last edited by johnpon; 05-29-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.