Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty 280DX When?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Gunner, at least on his general complaint (I don't know enough to say anything about THIS machine). The modern age sees WAAAY too much dumbing-down of products, endlessly adding "features" that ostensibly make them "user-friendly" but with the unfortunate side-effect that the products must therefore be more mechanically and/or electrically complex. This process has been going on for years with automobiles, to the point now that you can hardly repair your own new car . . . which because of its complexity is prone to breaking down in ways that have even factory engineers scratching their heads.

Of course, I am such an extremist on this, such an advocate of mechanical simplicity, that I thought the automatic choke was a stupid, trouble-prone, unnecessary invention. And my TIG machine is an elderly Lincoln Idealarc 250TIG/250, not even with square-wave, just a big dumb plowhorse. I'm just a crank.

. . . but if this machine ever hits the market and goes a year in the shops of guys like y'all without too many issues, I sure will be tempted . . .

Comment

Man!!!!!

When is this model coming out!!!!!! I have a big fat wallet and nobody can tell me when the 280 will be out. I am starting wonder if it will ever come out.

Little birdy says pushed back to at least Thanksgiving now.

Comment

I know the feeling.
        Finally decided I could care less. With the late arrival, the rumored high price and the lack of the 120v, I decided against waiting any longer.
        Bought a new cooler for my 200 and plan running it till it dies!

Comment

anyone know when its is coming out this is kinda what i am lookling for somthing between the 200 and 350 but don't want to buy a 300 so this would be sweet

Comment

whats the cost on this new 280 dx? first i ever heard of it. thanks.

edit: just read the whole thread.....for that amount of money ill stick with my 200dx i paid $1800 for with a 2 year warranty. as for the 80 amps......helium, and pre-heating can cover that.
            Last edited by loolagigi; 12-08-2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by loolagigi View Post

edit: just read the whole thread.....for that amount of money ill stick with my 200dx i paid $1800 for with a 2 year warranty. as for the 80 amps......helium, and pre-heating can cover that.
              your right there but i cant find a dynasty dx for 1800 if i did it would be in my garage by now

Comment

Originally posted by loolagigi View Post

your right there but i cant find a dynasty dx for 1800 if i did it would be in my garage by now

Comment

When?

Any update on a release date???

Comment

I have a new 2013 product catalog and the Dynasty and Maxstar 280 have been dropped from the product line as if they were never there because they weren't!

Comment

The Dynasty/Maxstar 280 IS still in the new product pipeline. Unfortunately the product has undergone some delays in the development process. All of our machines go through rigorous weld and accelerated life testing to ensure a quality product once it reaches the marketplace. Throughout this process, several modifications were made to the design in order to comply with changing governmental standards as well as meet our stringent quality standards.

Once again, the machine is back in our accelerated life testing to prove out the design. I can't stress enough that Miller does not want to release an inferior product - hence the delay. We would rather do the reliability and quality testing prior to release rather than have the end users be test subjects!

Until the reliability testing is completed, Miller is not releasing any projected dates. Rather, we are recommending that those interested in new machines should consider a Dynasty/Maxstar 200/350.

Comment

Welp......there ya go!
                        Right from the horse's mouth

Comment

Dynasty 280DX When?

And that's why I picked up the 350

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate the response Andy. I guess I will hold out a little while longer. I already have a 200DX, and would like a larger machine. Just not sure if I need the 350.

Comment

Dynasty 280DX When?

Yep. Me to!! Love my Dynasty 200 but just not big enough. Hate to give up mobility of 200. Nice to be able to just grab & go with it. 350 a little big if don't need extra amps.
                              280 should work great for my need. Guess I'll wait also, getting by so far.

Comment

U can never have enough Amps lol

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.