Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

welding lens passive

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welding lens passive

I've had the best passive lens you could buy for years and i got um fairly cheap was given a cobalt blue shade 11 but it got broken after 2 yrs of use and then i bought the older blue tinted lincoln super vis lens and by far my favorite passive lens well i'm down to my last older super vis shade 11 and i'm looking for another one or something equal to that any ideas?

as far as the new super vis there alright but i find that the blueish tint lets me see thru the smoke more clearly and see my weld pool the best.

any ideas are great thanks guys and gals

ebay item- 200703296976

The seller has a cobalt blue glass plate 2" x 4 1/4".

Made using Schott glass which is used in camera filters so there is minimal distortion.

Comment

thanks

thanks for the link , however these lens only go to a shade 8 so weld would be way to bright i am looking for shade 11 or shade 12 i did however get some thermo lens today like 1970s and they are the same as the older lincoln super vis so i'm happy i am still looking for the 2x4 lens however

Comment

Came across this company selling cobalt blue glass plates.
        Since they only come in shades 6 and 8, I bought one of each and stacked them together in my hood. Works well and I can see the puddle better.

The blue lens blocks the yellow part (sodium flare) of the spectrum making the weld puddle easier to see.

http://www.auralens.net/p/380/cobalt-blue-filter

I've also seen blue plates on ebay but they are not the AO versions.

Comment

Did you see where it says that they are not made for welding, as they won't block UV or infrared?

Comment

Yes, I read their disclaimer also as I don't want to injure my eyesight.

I use them inside my auto dark helmet so I get the best of both worlds.
            If I need to do stick at high currents, I sandwich both but for tig, I use 6 or 8.

Here is 4 1/2" x 5 1/4" cobalt plate on ebay.
            Seller doesn't add a disclaimer but is is made from Schott glass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281059323478...ageName=STRK:M

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.