Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost oF 75 argon 25 co2 gas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cost oF 75 argon 25 co2 gas

    I,m payin $48.64 for a 320cu/ft tank that is with a $4.95 haz/mat charge.What do the rest of you guys pay wondering if i,m payin to much?
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

  • #2
    Originally posted by admweld View Post
    I,m payin $48.64 for a 320cu/ft tank that is with a $4.95 haz/mat charge.What do the rest of you guys pay wondering if i,m payin to much?
    Try, a $1.00 a cu/ft. or nearly $80.00 for 80 cu./ft. !!!!!!
    13% HST. ( Tax ) Inculded !
    Also I'm paying $5.72 a gallon for gasoline for my truck, welder & compressor .

    ..........Norm
    Last edited by nfinch86; 03-03-2012, 12:56 PM.
    sigpic
    Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

    - Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

    - LN-25 Wire Feeder

    - Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:



    - Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

    www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Sounds like a good price to me.

      Don't use a lot of C25 since I mix my gas for use in the shop (straight argon/straight CO2), but it seems like the last 330 of C25 I bought, it was about $77.

      That's from ARCET in Virginia.
      Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200 DX
      Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
      Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
      Hobart HH187
      Dialarc 250 AC/DC
      Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
      Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
      PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
      Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
      Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
      More grinders than hands

      Comment


      • #4
        K thanks guys.
        BB402D
        TB300D
        DIMENSION652
        MM250X
        MAXSTAR140
        S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
        HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

        Comment


        • #5
          Haz Mat fee for An inert gas??? Me thinks they are pulling one on you. I pay a total of $30.25 for a 300 75-25 mix. $27.50 for the refill + $1.10 for state tax + $.69 for county tax and $.96 for state.
          2- XMT's 350 cc/cv
          1- Blue star 185
          1- BOBCAT 250
          1- TRAILBLAZER 302
          1- MILLER DVI
          1- PASSPORT PLUS
          1- DYNASTY 200 DX
          1- MAXSTAR 150 STL
          1- HF-251 BOX
          1- S-74d
          1- S-75DXA
          2- 12-RC SUITCASES
          1- 8-VS SUITCASE
          2- 30 A SPOOLGUNS

          Comment


          • #6
            Haz mat fees are very subjective and vary greatly from area to area.

            I guess if they wanted to "push the issue" hauling a cylinder pressurized to 2200# could be considered hazardous, regardless of the gas it contained.
            Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
            Dynasty 200 DX
            Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
            Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
            Hobart HH187
            Dialarc 250 AC/DC
            Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
            Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
            PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
            Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
            Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
            More grinders than hands

            Comment


            • #7
              i pay 35 bucks for 375 cubic foot, loyalty goes both ways, i have been with this supplier since 1986, my reward is decent prices

              Comment


              • #8
                Hazardous because it's under pressure and capable of displacing enough oxygen to be lethal.
                It's interesting to see an HMC on grinding wheels,electrode,tungsten.......weld wire

                It's a bottom line builder.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by big mike View Post
                  Hazardous because it's under pressure and capable of displacing enough oxygen to be lethal.
                  It's interesting to see an HMC on grinding wheels,electrode,tungsten.......weld wire

                  It's a bottom line builder.
                  I agree. I get supplies from 2 places the one charges hasmat on everything and the other just charges a high tank rental charge, so I get tanks from one place and weld stuff from the other

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ( s ) $43.76
                    Miller Trailblazer's ( 2 )...MillerBobcat 250...Millermatic 251's ( 2 )...Miller Syncrowave 200...Miller Syncrowave 180SD...Miller 12VS Suitcases ( 2 )... Hobart Hefty CC/CV Suitcases ( 2 )...Miller 30A Spool Guns ( 2 )...Miller WC 15A Control boxes ( 2 )...Thermo Dynamics Cutmaster 50 Plasma Cutters ( 2 )...Thermo Arc Hi Freq Units ( 2 )...Smith / Victor O/A Sets...DeWalt Power Tools...Craftsman / Snap On Hand Tools... Two Dodge Mobile Rigs

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      hazmat ripoff

                      Here in Colorado I got 160.00 werth of gloves, grinding discs , cover lens, new hood got a 13.00 hazmat fee .I rent gas bottles by the month here lately Ive been getting 2.50 re-certification charges on the tanks I take in for refill on top of daily/monthly charge on top of the new gas sir charges Im looking for a new LWS airgas is getting out of hand

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm paying about 40.00 for a 330cf of 80/20 mix plus state/county tax
                        Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

                        Colt the original point & click interface!

                        Millermatic 35 with spot panel
                        Miller 340A/BP
                        Victor O/A torches
                        Lincoln SP125
                        Too many other tools to list

                        03 Ram 1500
                        78 GS1000
                        82 GL1100 Interstate

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by crcc View Post
                          Here in Colorado I got 160.00 werth of gloves, grinding discs , cover lens, new hood got a 13.00 hazmat fee .I rent gas bottles by the month here lately Ive been getting 2.50 re-certification charges on the tanks I take in for refill on top of daily/monthly charge on top of the new gas sir charges Im looking for a new LWS airgas is getting out of hand
                          I don't get that! 13.00 for gloves, grinding discs, cover lens, helmet. What's so hazardous about those items? I look at my stuff before they bill me and if I see a HazMat charge for stuff like that I make them take it off or leave the stuff behind.

                          The welding suppliers are ripping off a lot of folks then!
                          Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

                          Colt the original point & click interface!

                          Millermatic 35 with spot panel
                          Miller 340A/BP
                          Victor O/A torches
                          Lincoln SP125
                          Too many other tools to list

                          03 Ram 1500
                          78 GS1000
                          82 GL1100 Interstate

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks ARCO WELDING SUPPLY

                            Well now that i can see my pricing is not bad at all.I want to say in the 17yrs i have been operating,my LWS Arco Welding Supply has always gone above and beyond to help me out in any problems i have had and just wanted to give them the thanks they have earned.They have a great team of employees and all have help me and my business run smooth.
                            Last edited by admweld; 03-09-2012, 04:39 AM.
                            BB402D
                            TB300D
                            DIMENSION652
                            MM250X
                            MAXSTAR140
                            S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
                            HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by admweld View Post
                              Well know that i can see my pricing is not bad at all.I want to say in the 17yrs i have been operating,my LWS Arco Welding Supply has always gone above and beyond to help me out in any problems i have had and just wanted to give them the thanks they have earned.They have a great team of employees and all have help me and my business run smooth.
                              yep a thank you can go a long ways in relationship building, sounds like you have a very good relationship, it is comforting when you do business with people that you trust, it is good to let them know how you feel

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X