Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIG welding help!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIG welding help!

Hello, I'm 16 years old and I'm a welder at my school. I've always been the one to fabricate things for everyone in my class. I've been doing a lot of tig welding lately but I'm finding my beads aren't real big. There really thin. I was wondering what I can do to beef them up. Make a bigger pool and dab the filler rod in more often? I'm relatively new to tig welding so don't beat me up too bad. I mainly do a lot of wire welding.

Ethan
    here are a couple of resources that may be helpful in your learning process

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...-guide-graphic

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/TIGhandbook/

hope these help...

you might also take some pics of your TIG beads and post them here...

Comment

there are some things you can do to make bigger welds. But it still will not compare to mig welding. You can dip more rod, or get bigger rod. But even with bigger rod it still wont compare to mig welding.

Comment

For good pointers on welding go to weldingtips&tricks.com. Weld size should match what you are welding, check charts for tungsten size, amps and filler size(same as tungsten)

Comment

Well...

Lets start off with the basics. What size, model machine are you using. How thick is the material?

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.