Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Syncrowave 180 SD Problem Thread! No Amperage Control!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Going to guess and say that your in between ranges, I'd move that selector switch back and forth a few times. Also might want to try the unit in stick with the foot pedal.

    As for the HF going off and on, its continous for AC, and only for start in DC.

    It may be that your tig torch is pooched as well, if it runs fine in Stick, then you'll know for sure whether its the machine or the tig torch.

    Comment


    • #17
      Im using the diamond back torch with the flow through adapter but have a weldcraft (from my maxstar 200dx) with the 2 piece connector (one gas, one power). Do I just swap the flow through adapter from the diamondback to the weldcraft?

      Comment


      • #18
        Q5gt-150

        The 180SD wants to see a Weldcraft Q5GT-150 power adaptor or equiv... this is with the assumption that you are installing an aircooled torch... like a 9 or 17 series...

        http://www.weldcraft.com/pdfs/Q5GT%2...n-Assembly.pdf

        if you are going water cooled... it wants a Q5WGT

        http://www.weldcraft.com/pdfs/Q5WGT-...n-Assembly.pdf
        Last edited by H80N; 01-28-2012, 07:19 PM.
        .

        *******************************************
        The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

        “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

        Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

        My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
        Millermatic 200

        TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by 417Diver View Post
          Well the fact is that the machine is inoperative. This seems to be very common for the syncrowaves and maybe I was incorrect on the timer but I still have the right to be upset over the quality of these machines.
          Yeah and God knows you're obviously an expert on welding machines in general and Syncrowaves in particular.

          Did you check to see whether it was plugged in and turned on?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Helios View Post
            Yeah and God knows you're obviously an expert on welding machines in general and Syncrowaves in particular.

            Did you check to see whether it was plugged in and turned on?
            So your next in line to start?

            At least you had something brilliant to say.

            Comment


            • #21
              Everything I see here looks like low voltage to the machine.
              This machine will power up and have all the symptoms you are having if it's on half input voltage.
              Double check your plug wiring and make sure you have 230 volts at the power switch.

              Andy
              Last edited by ASKANDY; 02-01-2012, 08:48 AM.

              Comment


              • #22
                All works fine now. Someone can close this thread now.

                Comment


                • #23
                  You know people are going to want to know...
                  What was the problem?

                  a-

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ASKANDY View Post
                    You know people are going to want to know...
                    What was the problem?

                    a-
                    Round electrons in a square(wave)machine?
                    That dammed Blue paint you guys use!
                    Operator error?

                    Seriously,if you take these posts(from guys trying to help you)so personally then you may want to take up knitting or stamp collecting.They may seem gruff but you won't find a better,more knowledgable bunch of weldors anywhere bar none.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by 417Diver View Post
                      Well I went out anyway and pulled the torch apart. I did find a broken piece of tungsten still inside the backcap which was pure tungsten. Anyways I still hate you Dipsomaniac but this did fix the problem. Not sure if it was the broken piece or something else. So I wish you would have said this the other day rather than not believing my timer/cycle count.

                      Way to put the newbie in his place.
                      Plus found the ground wire in the plug loose which I guess was causing the HF to cut in an out when on. Today installing a ground rod and grounding everything to prevent the internet from crashing.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by big mike View Post
                        Round electrons in a square(wave)machine?
                        That dammed Blue paint you guys use!
                        Operator error?

                        Seriously,if you take these posts(from guys trying to help you)so personally then you may want to take up knitting or stamp collecting.They may seem gruff but you won't find a better,more knowledgable bunch of weldors anywhere bar none.
                        I expected bastads to fire at the newbie but the not believing my cycle/timer count was almost annoying. Anyways I am glad its fixed now!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by 417Diver View Post
                          I expected bastads to fire at the newbie but the not believing my cycle/timer count was almost annoying. Anyways I am glad its fixed now!
                          Why you would take this stuff so personally is beyond me.... calm down... looked like normal problem solving to me... maybe with a touch of levity...
                          You may not understand how tough it is to troubleshoot something in a remote location.... these guys were trying to help you...
                          .

                          *******************************************
                          The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

                          “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

                          Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

                          My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                          Millermatic 200

                          TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by 417Diver View Post
                            Plus found the ground wire in the plug loose which I guess was causing the HF to cut in an out when on. Today installing a ground rod and grounding everything to prevent the internet from crashing.
                            Well, that has zero to do with the output weld or HF, and pounding a ground rod is equally as pointless


                            As for the timers, 16 hrs of on time doesn't equate t0 2400 on/off cycles, unless the old operator pressed the pedal like a machine gun
                            Last edited by cruizer; 02-02-2012, 09:59 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                              Well, that has zero to do with the output weld or HF, and pounding a ground rod is equally as pointless


                              As for the timers, 16 hrs of on time doesn't equate t0 2400 on/off cycles, unless the old operator pressed the pedal like a machine gun
                              I will let you know if the ground rod stops the interference with the internet. As for the timer, I am just reading whats on the machine. I would assume that since it was a display model it was used to show customers and that would possibly get your the crazy time/cycles.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by H80N View Post
                                Why you would take this stuff so personally is beyond me.... calm down... looked like normal problem solving to me... maybe with a touch of levity...
                                You may not understand how tough it is to troubleshoot something in a remote location.... these guys were trying to help you...
                                I am not taking it personally

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X