No announcement yet.

Lincoln High frequency box

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln High frequency box

I have a Miller HF-15-WG that is giving me some issues, I found a LIncoln HF box for $200 with torch and regulator (no need for reg I have too many now) This would be put on my Shopmaster, any input on if its a good price and if it will work ok with the Shopmaster. One thing I don't love about the the Miller HF-15 is I need my shopmaster to have output running, for the HF-15 to do its thing.

You can always double your money on Ebay if things don't work out.

Hope you didn't buy it

For you to be able to use the Lincoln HF box, you will have to hunt down a bypass capacitor kit. The way it was engineered, you will send HF to your Shop Master and burn up your unit. I have a Lincoln HF box sitting on my shelf, I was going to use it, pulled the manual off Lincoln's website and read it, it mentions installing this kit inside your welder. Instead I went ahead and bought me a Miller HF251D high frequency arc starter my brother found on a local classified website for $175, looks and works like brand new. Miller designed this unit to eliminate the chance for HF to even trace back to your transformer.

The caps were merely filters, and no, you can't burn up your unit by running the old or new styles of HF boxes/modules. Pure sillyness.

Pure sillyness is not reading manuals. I wouldn't risk damaging my welder due to hearsay. Too much liability telling someone to not follow directions.
          Attached Files

Again if your running a really old 70's or early 80's Lincoln welder, it may not have built in filter caps. The shopmaster does.

That version of HF box was discontinued 30 years ago