Trailblazer 302 AC trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailblazer 302 AC trouble

I'm needing help... I set my Trailblazer for an aluminum job but I'm not getting full power at the torch. I'm using an HF-251, RFCS-14 foot control and a water cooled torch. I have used this setup before without any problems. Any suggestions.....

cables

Make sure your cables are not coiled and make sure the machine is maxed out on the panel

Comment

That and amperage kinda depends on the size and type of tungsten used, ie, your not going to get 300 amps when using 1/16 or 3/32 tungsten

Comment

Trailblazer 302 AC trouble

I have reconnected all cables and remote. I have laid out my cables so they are not overlapping and are not coiled. I am using 3/32" Lan. tungsten with 100% argon. When I set the welder on A/C the read out reads 203 amps. The last time I used this setup I was welding a 3/8" piece back on an outboard motor and have no problems. Now I'm lucky if I can weld 1/16" aluminum. It's almost like the A/C balance is set on 0.

Comment

I'd be inclined to say that your remote is frigged, or the Amp/Amphenol connector for it are not wiggled all the way into the machine.

Comment

I'll check the connectors and the remote. I do have a button remote that I will try also.

Comment

Working...
            X