Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sears torch repair: What material should the o-rings be made from? What Harris model?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sears torch repair: What material should the o-rings be made from? What Harris model?

I have a model 313.54406 Sears torch handle and a model 313.54408 Sears cutting torch. It was really made by Harris. Does anyone know the corresponding Harris model numbers?

I'm asking because the the o-rings on both the welding and on the cutting torch pieces need to be replaced. With the Harris model numbers, I could order new ones.

I can probably figure out the sizes even without the Harris model number, but what should the o-rings be made from? What materials are safe with acetylene & oxygen?

This is who I go to for torch/regulator rebuilds:
    http://www.regulatortorchrepair.com
    Maybe call and ask?

Comment

Torch O-rings are usually made from durable Viton or similar, but they are cheap so no biggie.

Comment

Ok, thank you both!

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.