Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

211 millermatic issues

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you got the ok in writing from Miller, doing ANYTHING inside the machine will nullify your warranty. I'm a Miller CST tech, and I know what you can and can not do.

Comment

Warranty

Well, it's disappointing to hear that from a Miller CST. I'm a professional, too, and I've never voided a customer's warranty on one issue because he did something UNRELATED to another part.

But since I don't plan to put this machine anywhere NEAR its limits, I don't plan on using the warranty; not that I think my local dealer would even accept it for warranty without the mod since I didn't buy it from him. If something goes out, and Miller won't direct-ship me a replacement part, I'll buy one and install it myself.

I wonder how long it'll be before Miller moves the switch to the front, and if they do, will mine go back INTO warranty?

While we're on the subject, and we have a knowledgeable CST participating... Whom should I contact to get that OK in writing? It should be easier now that there's a photo showing how well the wiring was modified & repaired, right?
      Last edited by Steve83; 12-12-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Here's the labelled switch:

Comment

Originally posted by Steve83 View Post
          Here's the labelled switch:

**** you, why didn't I think of this mod, now I'm going to have to steal your idea!

On my 211 I have the factory Miller cart that goes with it and had to slide a piece of 1/2" plywood behind the machine and the cart to get to the switch and its still a PITA.

Good job!

Danno

Comment

Sounds like YOU just gave MILLER the idea on the switch location. It will be interesting to see if they do it. Great location for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
              why didn't I think of this mod...
              Probably not enough lead, mercury, & MEK in your veins.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.