Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batteries Big Window Elite.....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries Big Window Elite.....

Bought my Miller BWE Helmet 6or7 years ago.... about 2 weeks ago the batteries started to give out.... ordered a new set of batteries today... CR2450,(takes 2)
    not bad battery life altogether... been a darned good hat all these years....

CR2450 batteries are pretty unusual sized coin cells....the size of three quarters stacked each..Name:  10a8241a07f81259fd6621db7d80dd30.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  126.8 KB could find none locally so ordered them off ebay 4 for $8.99.... will put the spares in the fridge... they have a 10 year shelf life...

I just had to buy one of those the other day for something. But they had it in stock at The source. Only 6.49 each though. Link 0.... http://www.thesource.ca/estore/produ...roduct=2300189 Edit- I 'm thinking you meant 8.99 for all 4. I thought you meant 8.99 each when I first read it.

Comment

4 for $8.99

Actually it was 4 of them for $8.99 including shipping...

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-NEW-Energizer-...item336983396f

could not even find them locally... I thought it was a pretty decent deal..

I was really impressed that the batteries lasted as long as they did... and pleased as the devil that they are easily replaceable... in this disposable world.. hope to get another 7 years out of that hat
      Last edited by H80N; 08-01-2011, 09:45 PM. Reason: clarity...

Comment

In my area Walgreens sells them. My hood went dead on a Sat noon and I hit all the likely places first Wlamart etc. On a lark I stopped at Walgreens and they had several on the shelf.

Comment

Lowes and True Value sells them up here in south jersey

Comment

Could one of the Miller guys post the service memo dated August 18 2010 regarding replacment batteries?

Comment

What service memo???

Comment

I hoped that one of the Miller guys would post it because it has pics that won't show up on my old tattered copy.
                It says that because of the physical dimensions causing the lens to operate intermittently to only use Panasonic or Miller packaged batteries.

Comment

mine came with PANASONIC....... the ones that I ordered are ENERGIZER... wish I had known..... will try them and see how it works out......

Comment

Could someone from Miller please clarify this battery service bulletin question???

Comment

Here is the battery info.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Kevin...

Comment

http://www.zbattery.com/

Comment

Elite Batteries

Kevin,

I'm so glad I found this post, I was ready to throw my $350 dollar Elite helmet in the trash. Changed to the Miller replacements (Panosonic I got) ALL is fine now.

Thanks,
                            Gary
                            Key Largo

Comment

So I was about to toss my lid as well until I found this thread. I have been having intermittent flickering issues since my battery change two days ago. As I need my helmet first thing in the morning - before I can get the right sized cells - I shimmed the top side of the low shoulder batteries I'm using with some heavy paper just under the tang to hold them more firmly in place. Flicker is gone for now. This trick may tide you over until you can get the right ones.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.