Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding Apps

Hi All!

I'm thinking of developing a new welding app (that is worth it). Just realized the rest are not helpful and a waste of download. Any suggestions on which kind of app you would like to see?

Regards,

Adam

Why???

Why??? just so you can say "there is an ap for that"

to what practical end will this serve??

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

I tried to strike an arc on my iPhone and it popped like a June Bug on a bug zapper.

Can you write an app that will seal the Magic Smoke back inside it?

I think some leaked out, and now my iTunes library is all jiggered up.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
        I tried to strike an arc on my iPhone and it popped like a June Bug on a bug zapper.

Can you write an app that will seal the Magic Smoke back inside it?
        I think some leaked out, and now my iTunes library is all jiggered up.
        You can now buy "Magic Smoke" at your local I-phone store. It comes in an aerosol can to refill your devices if some accidentally leaks out. It is made by the same company that makes Liquid Smoke used for cooking. Just make sure to seal up the inflation port after filling with a quality duct tape from Harbor Fright to prevent any extra leakage. This should cure the problem, if not they are working on a product with the stop leak additive already in it that will be out soon. Of course this is mainly for the older devices with high mileage that the tape might not work on.

Comment

very funny

It's not aimed at teen rookies who happen to enjoy "Magic Smoke". More for advanced welders with real synaptic connection in the brain that can handle a cutting edge app.

Comment

I personally would like an app that has the weights and sizes of materials like beams, channels, tubing, pipe, ect. Not an engineering app. That way when I am working things up, I don't have to remember what everything weights or guess how long the flanges are on a c8 x 11.5. All the ones I have seen on android market suck.

You could probably put millers calculators cards on the app if you get there permission.

Comment

Originally posted by adam2012 View Post
              It's not aimed at teen rookies who happen to enjoy "Magic Smoke". More for advanced welders with real synaptic connection in the brain that can handle a cutting edge app.
              Ohhhhhh..."cutting edge."

To do what? Move a decimal point three places to the right so that we can figure out that to weld steel 0.050" thick we'll need 50A?

How many terabytes will that "killer app" take up? Tell us more about this "bleeding edge."

Comment

What's an Apps for anyway? I've always wonder what you get out of an apps. Sorry, I dont have a cellphone.

Comment

Adam, do you currently have any apps on the market ?

Comment

Adam,

What platform(s) do you plan on using for your new app(s)? I'd like to know what apps and platforms you currently have available. This information would be useful in what new welding app some of us might like to see in the near future.

HAWK

Comment

Would be nice to have a welding app. Maybe include rods and reccomended amperages, steel weights would be really nice as i also run a crane anx weight is very important. Possibly include various wires such as 233&232 wire and voltages to run such consumibles irregardless of what some of the knowitall welders on here are saying. Pm me when you get the app on android market

Comment

Working...
                      X