Another Airco Bumblebee [MA] machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Airco Bumblebee [MA] machine

I just purchased an Airco Bumblebee 250a AC/DC [MA] machine. Looks great, never abused. It was owned by Florida State University mail room department for shop repairs. The guy said it was rarely used and it looks like it!! I also got 50' leads with it and they are in excellent condition.

What I need to know is exactly which Miller model this crosses too. Another thread posted about this type welder showed that one to cross to a Miller DialArc 250.

I am sure mine is a Miller DialArc 250 but not completely sure which one. My machine is not a Bumblebee II [MSM], which is the case in most of the posts I found here.

Mine is a Bumblebee [MA].

Serial# HG050397
    Stock # 1341-0266

from your serial number and pic.... looks like a 1976 model... here is a link to the manual that corresponds.. hope this helps...

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o314c_mil.pdf

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Thank You!!

Can you also tell me what the [MA] versus [MSM] designation means?

Comment

fraid that I do not know the answer to that.... perhaps "Cruizer" will see this thread and help us out..... he is a very knowledgable welder repair tech...

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
        Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
        Dynasty 200DX
        Millermatic 200

Comment

Just a guess

just guessing..... but since your machine is a Magnetic Amp machine.... maybe it is Magnetic Amp (MA) vs Moveable Shunt Machine (MSM) for amp control where a section of the transformer core is slid in and out to regulate current...

My Blue Stuff:
          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200DX
          Millermatic 200

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
            just guessing..... but since your machine is a Magnetic Amp machine.... maybe it is Magnetic Amp (MA) vs Moveable Shunt Machine (MSM) for amp control where a section of the transformer core is slid in and out to regulate current...
            That's it! Thanks!

Comment

That machine sure looks new, nice find!

Comment

It still had the paper tag, I guess a consumer warning label, attached to the side panel.

Comment

MA, is the old way of saying *** Metal Arc*** welding

Comment

Cruizer
                    thanks for helping out.... guesses usually get me in trouble.. even ones that sound so logical.....

My Blue Stuff:
                    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200DX
                    Millermatic 200

Comment

Working...
                    X