Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airco Welder

Hey folks,
    I just bought an Airco 225 Wasp AC only Welder/ Generator, I was told it was made by miller and it sure looks like one to me. My question is what miller welder is the same, about how old it is, and if are parts still available for it. It runs great and welds very nice, i would just like to spruce it up a bit. And i would definately like to get some manuals for it.

Thanks in Advance,
    Andy

Likely, but without that long code#, I won't be able to pin point the cross reference.

Comment

What code is that, Where can i find it?

Comment

The Serial Number of the welder is U502976 if that helps in any way....

Comment

Airco 225 AC wasp

Originally posted by allisboy01 View Post
          Hey folks,
          I just bought an Airco 225 Wasp AC only Welder/ Generator, I was told it was made by miller and it sure looks like one to me. My question is what miller welder is the same, about how old it is, and if are parts still available for it. It runs great and welds very nice, i would just like to spruce it up a bit. And i would definately like to get some manuals for it.

Thanks in Advance,
          Andy
          Andy, In my 1972 Airco products catalog, there is a 1/2 page on the WASP 225 AC, and the WASP 225 AC/DC to give you an idea as to age. I'm quite sure it is a re-badged Miller, seem to recall seeing one in the older Miller catalog. I'd check with Miller.

Comment

Thanks Alpho!
            If i posted a picture on here would that help anyone recognize it? i will try to get one on here.

Comment

Does it have a 2 cylinder Onan on it? I've got an old Airco that's about that size but is AC/DC. It was made by Miller. Mine was made around 1976. It never had sheet metal over the engine or auto idle, but it still welds great.

Before that I had an Airco 180 amp that was AC only. It had a single cylinder Kohler on it.
              Jim

Comment

It has a two cylinder Onan on it....

Comment

Going to guess and say its a Roughneck 2 or 2E

Comment

Working...
                  X