Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

snap on muscle mig mm250sl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • snap on muscle mig mm250sl

    hey guys thinking on trading in my power mig in for the snap on muscle mig 250sl what is your guys thoughts on this mig? thanks.

  • #2
    I have had one for 10 years now. Never had any problems with it. I have the spoolgun too. But i will admitt the only reason i bought this machine over a miller was the fact that i could pay it off on my snap on account. I just didnt have the cash to buy the miller outright. If you have any other questions just ask.

    Comment


    • #3
      Never seen a "Snap-On" welder of any flavor that represented a "value".

      Generally overpriced and under capable when compared to Miller, Lincoln, ESAB, etc.

      Only reason I can see that people buy them is because they don't have the cash/credit to buy elsewhere.

      I guess there are guys out there who like supporting the Snap-On Man's 100K salary.

      PS. Try getting replacement parts a few years down the road.
      Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
      Dynasty 200 DX
      Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
      Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
      Hobart HH187
      Dialarc 250 AC/DC
      Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
      Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
      PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
      Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
      Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
      More grinders than hands

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SundownIII View Post


        I guess there are guys out there who like supporting the Snap-On Man's 100K salary.

        PS. Try getting replacement parts a few years down the road.
        My buddy has that welder and spoolgun. I laugh when he buys tips for his spoolgun at 5 bucks each when i am paying .50 cents each...Bob
        Bob Wright

        Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
        http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jimbo64 View Post
          hey guys thinking on trading in my power mig in for the snap on muscle mig 250sl what is your guys thoughts on this mig? thanks.
          Unless you happen to have money to burn, I'd avoid this Snapon unit, your Powermig is just fine especially when you change out the crappy ground clamp

          Comment


          • #6
            I also have a friend that has a SO mig welder,the first time I saw the drive system I fell on the floor laughing!......what a piece of crap!
            Those machines are made by CK Systematic and unless you have a supply house that stocks tons of old inventory you will have trouble finding parts and they are way over priced.
            Look at SOs website and look at the specs......180 amps at 100% and 230 amps at 60%......Millermatic 252 is 200 amps at 60%.Hmmmm 30 amps for 762.00? pretty pricey too me.
            Last question,how much does the Snappy guy know about welders?

            Comment


            • #7
              I got my eye on a new Miller, I'll sell you the MM250 with the spool gun. I'll even throw in a bottle of gas and some wire.

              Comment


              • #8
                a good friend of mine just got rid of one, he basically gave it away, he still made out, he got it for free, cant get parts as previously stated

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Art. View Post
                  I have had one for 10 years now. Never had any problems with it. I have the spoolgun too. But i will admitt the only reason i bought this machine over a miller was the fact that i could pay it off on my snap on account. I just didnt have the cash to buy the miller outright. If you have any other questions just ask.
                  That's why I am doing it also it will be put on my snap on account!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I guess after reading thease replies I might have to rethink this one! The price for this welder is $3499.00 I thought it would be a good welder. I might have to just stay with my powermig for the time being. Thanks guys I might just save up for a new Miller! Which I would really love to have one but I was going to take advantage of my snap on account to get a new welder. Oh and to say! My snap on man doesn't weld so he doesn't know much about them that's why I asked you guys for your oppinions! I know this is a Miller site! So I hope I didn't offend anyone.
                    Last edited by jimbo64; 03-23-2011, 09:03 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cruizer View Post
                      Unless you happen to have money to burn, I'd avoid this Snapon unit, your Powermig is just fine especially when you change out the crappy ground clamp
                      he has a 130 astro powermig
                      Ed Conley
                      http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
                      MM252
                      MM211
                      Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
                      TA185
                      Miller 125c Plasma 120v
                      O/A set
                      SO 2020 Bender
                      You can call me Bacchus

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        yes it is the astro 130 powermig. it is my first mig just looking to upgrade.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Kenosha Red

                          The Kenosha Red will turn to Kenosha Pink in no time.
                          Then there is the gas leaks, it will leak the gas out of the gun in about a minute.
                          So before you pull the trigger you have to purge. I know of two welders that leak like that.
                          I'd save the 40 bucks a month till you can get a real welder.
                          Good Luck,
                          Bob
                          Millermatic 252 w/30A
                          Big Blue Air Pak
                          Ellis 3000 Band Saw
                          Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
                          8-RC
                          Dynasty 200 DX
                          XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
                          Millermatic 211
                          Passport Plus
                          Spectrum 625 X-TREME
                          Lincoln SA-200 Blue Tint Red Face '63
                          2-Lincoln SA-200 Red Face '68
                          SA-200 Black Face '59
                          SA-200 Green Lite '84
                          SA-200 Green Lite '80
                          SA-200 Red Face '69
                          SA-200 Red Face '66
                          SA-200 Green Lite '81
                          '70 Black Face Round Barrel

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jimbo64 View Post
                            I guess after reading thease replies I might have to rethink this one! The price for this welder is $3499.00 I thought it would be a good welder. I might have to just stay with my powermig for the time being. Thanks guys I might just save up for a new Miller! Which I would really love to have one but I was going to take advantage of my snap on account to get a new welder. Oh and to say! My snap on man doesn't weld so he doesn't know much about them that's why I asked you guys for your oppinions! I know this is a Miller site! So I hope I didn't offend anyone.
                            Snap On screwdrivers, wrenches, ratchets, pliers and tool boxes are of outstanding quality. Most other tools with the name Snap On, you are just paying way more than you need to. $3500.00 for that welder is beyond a poor value.
                            You could buy a Maxstar 150 sth AND a Millermatic 180 for that same $3500.00.
                            With that example you can TIG, stick, MIG and flux core. Again, this was just a basic example using Miller welders, but you could be real close with Lincoln, Hobart, or ESAB welders as well.

                            Take it from a guy that already owns too much Snap On and Miller equipment!

                            -Ian
                            :~ATTITUDE MAKES THE DIFFERENCE!!!:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Broccoli1 View Post
                              he has a 130 astro powermig
                              Well then it is time to upgrade, but avoid the Snapon unit at any cost.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X