Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket Welding Guide?

Guys,

Sorry if this has been discussed but I did a search and came up empty. Years ago, when I was taking welding engineering classes, the instructor showed us a small book that was described as "the definitive welding industry guide" or words to that effect.

Of course, being the air headed student, I didn't pay much attention and never bought the book. Now, being more mature and thoughtful, I've re-considered and would really like to have a copy.

Any ideas what that book was/is?

Thanks,
    -Evan
    -Evan

Miller Syncrowave 350 (New kid)
    NAPA 200A Center tap stick welder. (Retiring to serve someone else)
    Couple of cheap pocket welders for mobile use...

Pocket guides

AWS has many good pocket guides.

Comment

IPT's Metal Trades & Welding handbook.
      I dont know if this is what you're talking about but this is a vey usefull handbook for us welders. Not really anything engineering in there but crane specs, pipe fitting specs, riggings weld symbols. Lots of good info.

Comment

Hey Evan,
        This may be the book your instructor was referring. It is the best I have found for the wealth of information it contains. I have (3), shop, mobile unit, & computer desk so I have easy access without hunting it down. Got them on Amazon for $3/ea. Best investment you'll ever make. Here's a link to the book....

Denny

https://www.uglysbooks.com/proddetail.php?prod=10022
        * Complete welding, machine, & fab shop *
        * Mobile unit *
        * Finally retired *

* A man's word is his honor..... without honor, there is nothing. *
        * Words are like bullets..... once they leave your muzzle, you cannot get them back. *
        * I have no reservation to kill nor hesitation to die for the U.S. Constitution & the American Flag. *
        * Age is a state of mind..... at my age, you cannot fathom what is in my mind. *

Comment

Thanks for the responses, guys! Those look like some nice books but the only thing that sounds familiar is AWS.

The Glover Pocket Ref. looks like a great book too but the description says it came out in 1989. I was in school in the early '80's.
          -Evan

Miller Syncrowave 350 (New kid)
          NAPA 200A Center tap stick welder. (Retiring to serve someone else)
          Couple of cheap pocket welders for mobile use...

Comment

Working...
          X