Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pocket Welding Guide?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket Welding Guide?

Guys,

Sorry if this has been discussed but I did a search and came up empty. Years ago, when I was taking welding engineering classes, the instructor showed us a small book that was described as "the definitive welding industry guide" or words to that effect.

Of course, being the air headed student, I didn't pay much attention and never bought the book. Now, being more mature and thoughtful, I've re-considered and would really like to have a copy.

Any ideas what that book was/is?

Thanks,
    -Evan

Pocket guides

AWS has many good pocket guides.

Comment

IPT's Metal Trades & Welding handbook.
      I dont know if this is what you're talking about but this is a vey usefull handbook for us welders. Not really anything engineering in there but crane specs, pipe fitting specs, riggings weld symbols. Lots of good info.

Comment

Hey Evan,
        This may be the book your instructor was referring. It is the best I have found for the wealth of information it contains. I have (3), shop, mobile unit, & computer desk so I have easy access without hunting it down. Got them on Amazon for $3/ea. Best investment you'll ever make. Here's a link to the book....

Denny

https://www.uglysbooks.com/proddetail.php?prod=10022

Comment

Thanks for the responses, guys! Those look like some nice books but the only thing that sounds familiar is AWS.

The Glover Pocket Ref. looks like a great book too but the description says it came out in 1989. I was in school in the early '80's.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.