Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welder insulated Covers

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welder insulated Covers

Full insulated functional black quilted welder covers for the Miller 302G/D, WildCat, Lincoln Ranger 250/305G/GTX made in Edmonton, designed by a welder Tech, well me $325 Cad ea

Also happed to have a digital Elite speed shop helment new in box for $315

Weld Alert
    Edmonton
    780 887-9353

pm sent

Comment

Can you put up a couple pictures ?

Hello Cruizer, Would you be able to put up a couple pictures of the covers ?

Comment

Originally posted by sturugged View Post
        Hello Cruizer, Would you be able to put up a couple pictures of the covers ?
        Here are some pictures of a 305G cover.
        Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the pictures Clay,

I think i may have seen one of these covers before. Do you know if the smaller unit covers have access to both sides and the top engine compartment hatches on the TB302G ? I was also wondering if there are air intake and exhaust flaps that can be closed up when the unit is not running. ( i assume these are good to go to leave on while welding and the machine is running? ) Any further explanation or pictures are very much appreciated!

Comment

I am pretty sure the 302 covers have access flaps for all of the access doors (the 305G doesn't have a door on the left side hence no flap).
            By the look of the 305G cover the exhaust isn't covered at all.
            The covers are meant to be left on while the machine is running, I think the vents on the engine side are covered like a truck winter front (flaps that can be opened if the weather is warmer).

I ordered a cover for my 302 so I'll be able to tell you more once I get mine.

Shep has one, he did have some troubles as the weather warmed up, here is the thread on that: http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...out-of-control

Comment

insulated covers...

Again I have to thank you Clay , when you get yours , id like to see the cover on the miller units if you dont mind taking a couple more pictures. Is Cruizer paying you promo fees? ha ha ha

Comment

Again I have to thank you Clay , when you get yours , id like to see the cover on the miller units if you dont mind taking a couple more pictures. Is Cruizer paying you promo fees? ha ha ha
                Hahaha!!! No promo fee... maybe he'll give me a discount.

Sure when I get it and install it I'll snap some pics and post em up.

Comment

Originally posted by c wagner View Post
                  Here are some pictures of a 305G cover.
                  That's a slick setup for you welder, I like it.

Comment

Actually the new covers are a little different, first off they are thicker, stitching is wayyy better. The cutouts are velcroed now instead of zippered. Basically they are no made to outlast the welder,

I didn't include a side door for the Millers 302G/D. That door was a little weird to make a cut out for. I left the top door in place though

And yes changes have been made since the first designs
                    Last edited by cruizer; 12-13-2010, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Do you sell to the US? If so what is the shipping? I just tore my Blue miller cover because it frooze to the welder, what a POS I thought it was suppose to be water proof. I guess not water went right through.

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by engnerdan View Post
                        Do you sell to the US? If so what is the shipping? I just tore my Blue miller cover because it frooze to the welder, what a POS I thought it was suppose to be water proof. I guess not water went right through.

-Dan
                        Yep, send all over the cold climates in the world. I'd guess that shipping to you would be around the $40 mark

Comment

Originally posted by white05gt View Post
                          That's a slick setup for you welder, I like it.
                          The company I work for builds the aluminum skid and boxes, the steel roll out is made in Edmonton by these guys: www.cargobed.com

Comment

Again I have to thank you Clay , when you get yours , I'd like to see the cover on the miller units if you don't mind taking a couple more pictures.
                            I just picked it up from the bus and it looks good.
                            My wife is jealous... I told here it was a Christmas present for my welder since it has been good too me this year.
                            Her comment to me was "You probably won't spend that much on me!!!" ... gotta hate it when she's right.

I'll try and get it installed tomorrow and get some pictures before the sun goes down. I should have pics in this thread by Sunday if not before, I guess I have to go visit some in-laws on the weekend.

Comment

is it safe to run the welder when it is fully buttoned up?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.