Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynasty 200dx basic settings for various metals and thicknesses

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty 200dx basic settings for various metals and thicknesses

I am looking for a detailed basic chart of settings for the Dynasty 200dx

More specifically, I am looking for 6 detailed settings for three metals (two thicknesses for each metal); aluminum (1/16" and 1/8"), stainless (1/16" and 1/8") and plain mild steel (1/16" and 1/8").

I understand there are a lot of variables, however, I feel if I had the above 6 settings, I could get a good start on using this machine.

I do have the manual that came with the machine, but it does not have the details on the various metals as mentioned above.

Thank you, Rick
    Last edited by Rick Eis; 10-12-2010, 10:46 PM.

Are you not using the foot pedal? When I first started out, I would just set the amps high and use the pedal to control my puddle.

Comment

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/TIGhandbook/

Comment

I second The Brocc's choice but raise him the calculators and will tell you the best $25.00 you will ever spend is the student package.
        Link to student book package by Miller
        the other best $25.00 you can spend is the Lincoln foundations
        The Procedure handbook of welding, has more infor than most will ever need!

Plus they are the two best buys in the welding world.
        Procedure Handbook "Fourteenth Edition"

Comment

Originally posted by Slowreaction View Post
          Are you not using the foot pedal? When I first started out, I would just set the amps high and use the pedal to control my puddle.
          15 years later I still do.

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.