Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a new Sync 200, looking for a tig calculator chart...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a new Sync 200, looking for a tig calculator chart...

Been a while since I was tig welding last. Want to get into it again and am a little rusty on setting up the maching. I used to have a calculator/chart that would give you a decent starting point based on what a guy was doing. Some of the variable on the chart were metal type, thickness, type of weld, rod selection for metal type, argon flow, amps, type of tungsten and size, current type and direction for metal types, etc...

Would be nice to make a photo copy and laminate it, so I will have a quick reference till I get the hang of the set up again.
    Anyone have a copy similar to what I am talking about they are willing to share?

Originally posted by hole shot weapon View Post
    Been a while since I was tig welding last. Want to get into it again and am a little rusty on setting up the maching. I used to have a calculator/chart that would give you a decent starting point based on what a guy was doing. Some of the variable on the chart were metal type, thickness, type of weld, rod selection for metal type, argon flow, amps, type of tungsten and size, current type and direction for metal types, etc...

Would be nice to make a photo copy and laminate it, so I will have a quick reference till I get the hang of the set up again.
    Anyone have a copy similar to what I am talking about they are willing to share?
    Top of this page: Resources tab resources for sale tab then buy the calculator.

Griff

Comment

Online version:

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...calculator.php

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
        Shazam!!!

That is pretty cool.

Comment

Miller's TIG Handbook

Go Here for Miller's TIG Handbook. Download PDF free.
          http://www.millerwelds.com/resources/TIGhandbook/
          The charts you are probably after are in this book.

Sorry if someone already mentioned this. I have used the calculator, but I like the chart thing myself.

Get free pdg copies of the charts from this publication here:
          http://johnnyfix.com/TIGsettingsChart.pdf

Hope this helps.
          John

Comment

Working...
          X
          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.