Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small Wire Roll for Cricket XL

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Wire Roll for Cricket XL

Hello:
    I have a Cricket XL, and I would like to have the option to run 2 lb , However as best I can tell this is ,,was not an option with these welders( only 10 lb rolls)
    Does anyone have an Idea how to convert it to use 2 lb rolls also

Thanks
    Dave

Hey Dave,
    I have a Miller Sidekick that is the same as the Cricket. I couldn't find an adapter for mine also, so I made this mod using some tubing, washers, spring, & locking nut. I had to use an inner tube & outer tube to be sure the spool did not wobble on the spool shaft. I had to cut the length of the tube so it was just inside the outer wall of the 2# spool so the outer washers could put drag pressure on the spool. I could have also lathe turned/drilled a piece of aluminum to use, but I had these tubes & they fit nicely. You need a fairly strong spring to add pressure, although nothing extreme. Hope thiis may give you some ideas.

Denny
    Attached Files

Comment

Dave,

You can make your own adapter like Denny did or you can order a set of small bushings to adapt the 4" spools. The part number is 135615 (this is a set of 2).

Comment

Thank both of you for your ideas...I think I will order the bushings,,,but I will also make the adapter

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X
        Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.