Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Pipeline in Canada to the US?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Pipeline in Canada to the US?

    Hey Just out of Curiosity, I heard from a few people that there might be a pipeline from Canada to the United States.. Does anyone know anything about this? where its running from, and where to?

  • #2
    Google- Denali pipeline

    Its all still in the works.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Rig Hand View Post
      Its all still in the works.
      Still in the works eh? Any idea how far it is? Whats left, or if its already gone through British Columbia?

      does anyone know how many pipelines are going on at the moment now anyways?

      Comment


      • #4
        Don't now about that one. But the one from Sarina to Indiana that leaked a million gallons of oil into the river at Marshall Michigan.They new it was leaking for 24 hours but didn't shut the flow off, till they were told were the leak was. Looks to be having other problems with the poor condition the pipe is in. And they are tightening the vise on them about the damage to the part that runs under the river that was hit by a lake freighter and badly dented and beat up. As they didn't repair or protect it as promised.

        Along with the leaking gasoline pipe line running across the state contaminating the ground water in a couple of locations.
        Has some of the greenie groups jumping, up and down with their eye bulging like frogs on a hot plate!

        It sounds like they will be tied up in court for a while. After one of the Canadian executives got on the tube during a press conference. And was telling the people with oil up to the backs of their houses they were over reacting. Just like the BP people It sounds like they will be reviewing, all current and any new plans.

        So you may want to stay or take any hob till they start work on it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rednostalgia View Post
          Still in the works eh? Any idea how far it is? Whats left, or if its already gone through British Columbia?

          does anyone know how many pipelines are going on at the moment now anyways?
          Still in the works as is they are still planing and discussing the idea, no actual work yet, maybe 2012 or 13

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PTsideshow View Post
            Don't now about that one. But the one from Sarina to Indiana that leaked a million gallons of oil into the river at Marshall Michigan.They new it was leaking for 24 hours but didn't shut the flow off, till they were told were the leak was. Looks to be having other problems with the poor condition the pipe is in. And they are tightening the vise on them about the damage to the part that runs under the river that was hit by a lake freighter and badly dented and beat up. As they didn't repair or protect it as promised.

            Along with the leaking gasoline pipe line running across the state contaminating the ground water in a couple of locations.
            Has some of the greenie groups jumping, up and down with their eye bulging like frogs on a hot plate!

            It sounds like they will be tied up in court for a while. After one of the Canadian executives got on the tube during a press conference. And was telling the people with oil up to the backs of their houses they were over reacting. Just like the BP people It sounds like they will be reviewing, all current and any new plans.

            So you may want to stay or take any hob till they start work on it.
            Embridge is known for buying old pipelines and running them into the ground.

            Comment


            • #7
              The last word on the Denali pipeline is 2013 that I've heard.
              It will run from north-eastern Alaska thru to northern B.C. to tie into existing mainlines around Ft. Nelson/ Ft. St. John.

              From what I understand most of the central/southern B.C. has already been done in the form of "futures " on the facilities and existing pipelines.

              It will be a long-a** line but you will have to be in the Yukon or Alaska to work on it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rig Hand View Post
                Embridge is known for buying old pipelines and running them into the ground.
                Yep but might be not for long, seems their lawyers did something stupid to the people with oil in their yards. They made them sign a paper saying that if they paid their expenses the people wouldn't sue them. Which is illegal to do, so now they are having the Attorney Generals both fed and state look into their practices.

                Along with a senate hearing on them! looks like another one may bite the dust!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PTsideshow View Post
                  Yep but might be not for long, seems their lawyers did something stupid to the people with oil in their yards. They made them sign a paper saying that if they paid their expenses the people wouldn't sue them. Which is illegal to do, so now they are having the Attorney Generals both fed and state look into their practices.

                  Along with a senate hearing on them! looks like another one may bite the dust!
                  They won't bite the dust for more than a few seconds and they'll be back to pumping hundred of barrels an hour. They'll just have a new name and face, but it will be the same old lines.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X
                  Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.