Syncrowave 250-No remote amperage control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About 500 ohms.

I haven't had time to check anything else tonight...

Thanks for the help though!
    --Anthony--
    Syncrowave 250
    Millermatic 200
    Millermatic 141
    Hypertherm Powermax 350

Comment

Should be zero ohms or really close to that. So somewhere from RC54-2 to that potentiometer, you have a really high resistance point
      Last edited by cruizer; 06-28-2010, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Maybe you meant for me to check to the wire connected to the "wiper" of the potentiometer...in that case I get about 0 ohms.
        --Anthony--
        Syncrowave 250
        Millermatic 200
        Millermatic 141
        Hypertherm Powermax 350

Comment

shoot me the serial# for your machine, so many diagrams, I'm just guessing here without it

Comment

Serial# JJ419889

Stock# 903056
            --Anthony--
            Syncrowave 250
            Millermatic 200
            Millermatic 141
            Hypertherm Powermax 350

Comment

Ok that would be wire 110 off "BB" on the RC54 molex circuit board heading to the remote switch then off to "E" on the amphenol out to your remote.

With power on (no load), you want to test for varing voltage from wire 110 or BB on RC54 to for all intensive purposes frame ground, or "A" on PC2, as you press and release the pedal.

There are 2 fuses inside your machine, I noticed, you'll want to check F1.

Comment

When I press the pedal from min to max I get 0-7.34volts on the BB terminal. This is not affected by changing the amperage on the panel.

If I switch to "panel" from remote, on the BB terminal I get 0-10 volts when I adjust the amperage from 4-310.

The online manual is a little different from the one I have, slightly newer model I think. Mine doesn't seem to have those fuses anywhere.
                --Anthony--
                Syncrowave 250
                Millermatic 200
                Millermatic 141
                Hypertherm Powermax 350

Comment

online manual.........

the online manual needs to be keyed to your serial number.... otherwise it will default to the newest version of the manual..........

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                  Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                  Dynasty 200DX
                  Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                  Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                    the online manual needs to be keyed to your serial number.... otherwise it will default to the newest version of the manual..........
                    Not really, the tech manuals have the diagrams for the individual machines. The owners manuals on this site do not and they are missing some machines as well.

Comment

Cruizer...
                      not sure I catch your drift... but the serial number will get you the owners manual for your machine... here is a quote from the Manual PDF download page..

"You must enter your model and serial number to view the correct Owner's Manual for your unit. If you leave the serial number field blank, you will get the Owner's Manual for the model currently being manufactured
                      (if available)."

here is the link..

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/o...uals.php?model

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                      Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                      Dynasty 200DX
                      Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                      Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Originally posted by H80N View Post
                        Cruizer...
                        not sure I catch your drift... but the serial number will get you the owners manual for your machine... here is a quote from the Manual PDF download page..

"You must enter your model and serial number to view the correct Owner's Manual for your unit. If you leave the serial number field blank, you will get the Owner's Manual for the model currently being manufactured
                        (if available)."

here is the link..

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/o...uals.php?model

The catch is that I have ALL the diagrams & all the machines being a Miller tech and all, for the super secret tech only site.

The owners manuals on this site do not and are missing quite alot.

Comment

cruizer- Do you have any tech documents showing points where I can measure voltages to check? I found a similar document a few days ago online, but I forgot to bookmark it and I can't find it again. I talked to a repair shop who has 21 welders waiting in line for repair, and I guess they are not in any hurry to get them done, so I may need to figure this one out myself. Or travel to find someone that has the time to work on it...
                          --Anthony--
                          Syncrowave 250
                          Millermatic 200
                          Millermatic 141
                          Hypertherm Powermax 350

Comment

Try this. The control voltage in remote enters the pcb at BH comes back out
                            at BJ goes to pin C comes out of remote pin E. Goes to remote switch and then to BB. You should be able to see the panel preset voltage at C and D.
                            you must have 0-10 volts on C & D for the remote to work.
                            D to ground should be 0 ohms. There is a filter on this wire. (PC2)
                            E to BB in remote should be 0 ohms. Switch in remote.
                            Does your welder still have the shunt or has it been up graded to a LEM?
                            This will tell us which pc board is in your welder.
                            The pcb used with the shunt is no longer available. They are replaced by a new pcb and the shunt is changed to a LEM. The shunt is a steel flat bar on red insulators next to the fan. That said, it is very common for the remote switch to fail. In these older units. They need to be moved once and a while to stay working.
                            Glenn 300 amp stick
                            Millermatic 35
                            L-tec plasma

Comment

D to ground is about 4 ohms, E to BB is about 2 ohms. The welder still has a shunt.
                              --Anthony--
                              Syncrowave 250
                              Millermatic 200
                              Millermatic 141
                              Hypertherm Powermax 350

Comment

I FIXED IT!!!!!

As it turns out, it was the A4 IC(op-amp). I replaced the Q13 transistor first, still didn't work. Newark sent me the wrong op-amp, so I just got the correct one today and popped it in and I magically have amperage control via the pedal now!

The total parts cost= $1.99 (plus $6 s&h). So it cost me $8 to fix it myself. I don't want to know what it would have cost me to send it out...

Now its time to teach myself how to TIG!

Thanks for the help guys!!
                                --Anthony--
                                Syncrowave 250
                                Millermatic 200
                                Millermatic 141
                                Hypertherm Powermax 350

Comment

Working...
                                X