help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

I want to know if someone has any feedback on the miller Sycrowave 200.
    Iam want to buy a tig machine an this one is in my price range .but i dont want to buy something that won't work. it will be used at home as a hobby an for some light fab work .any input would be appreciated Thanks

What materials and what thicknesses are you going to be welding? I've heard the Sync. 200 is a good machine. I had a Sync. 180 before the 200's came out and was very happy with it. The Sync. is not as efficient as a Dynasty due to different design, so you need to make sure you can meet it's input power needs. If it was me and I was doing it over again, I would save up for a Dynasty 200dx. These are very versatile and very portable, something the Syncrowave is not.
    Sometimes there's no second chances.

Comment

Sync 200

Originally posted by del View Post
      I want to know if someone has any feedback on the miller Sycrowave 200.
      Iam want to buy a tig machine an this one is in my price range .but i dont want to buy something that won't work. it will be used at home as a hobby an for some light fab work .any input would be appreciated Thanks
      To echo davinci2010, it depends on what you plan on using it for. 1/8" aluminum and up to 3/16" steel, and it has very good stick ability.

If all you want is a TIG machine, without stick, check out the Diversion 165 or 180. If you don't need AC, there's the smaller Maxstar's with 150 amp capacity.

The Sync 200 is a fundamentally sound, basic machine. Not a lot of "bells & whistles." That can be a good thing, though, as it helps with your learning curve.

Make sure you have the input power, you'll need a 60 amp breaker for it.
      Last edited by davedarragh; 05-24-2010, 09:05 AM.
      "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

i really like my synchro 200... had one in a production aluminum shop before i bought mine, the cooler fan would kick on, but could tig 1/4 aluminum consistently... me personally, i wish that i would have saved up for the dynasty 200dx, just cause i would like to have a machine that i can tig aluminum with a sharpened tungsten
        welder_one

nothing fancy, just a few hot glue guns for metal
        www.sicfabrications.com

Comment

Working...
        X