Lincoln SA-200 numbers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln SA-200 numbers

Somebody here knows this stuff, and I never had one of these machines before. I did try to search "SA-200" here, also looked at lincolnelectric.com.

The problem is that the factory did not stamp the tag on the welder for code, and the serial number is only stamped "L".

The four cylinder flathead engine has a tag, stamped "Lincoln Model L 200"
    code "L947-------165405"

The Wico magneto is stamped, spec "XH-2500"
    ser "515798"

From this, can someone tell me the numbers I'll need to find manuals and order parts for this machine? Or where to find someone who can work with the numbers I do have?

Go to billswelderrepair.com and see if you can find what you are looking for there. All they do there is work on and rebuild the older Lincolns. If you can't find it on their website, give them a call and someone there should know the answers to your questions.

Comment

I have a 1954 and 1955 the tag on the side of the engine says L947.
      Last edited by Sonora Iron; 03-08-2010, 03:09 PM.
      Caution!
      These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

Originally posted by seattle smitty View Post
        Somebody here knows this stuff, and I never had one of these machines before. I did try to search "SA-200" here, also looked at lincolnelectric.com.

The problem is that the factory did not stamp the tag on the welder for code, and the serial number is only stamped "L".

The four cylinder flathead engine has a tag, stamped "Lincoln Model L 200"
        code "L947-------165405"

The Wico magneto is stamped, spec "XH-2500"
        ser "515798"

From this, can someone tell me the numbers I'll need to find manuals and order parts for this machine? Or where to find someone who can work with the numbers I do have?
        As you have already been told, billsweldingrepair.com is a great source. Also,
        AWS.org has a lot of SA-200 owners who can help.

Griff

Comment

If there is not 5 or 6 coats of paint on it, sometimes you can read the code number on the barrel. Can’t remember if it is at 5-O’clock or 7-O’clock. The ones I have the stamps are so faint it is really hard to see when sanded to bare metal.
          Caution!

Comment

Another way to start narrowing down the age group is by the type of idler your machine has. Bellows, or R-57.
            Attached Files
            Caution!

Comment

I don't know much about them but had 2 sold 1. I thought the old one actually ran better but I didn't, don't use them enough to be able to tell the difference. Fixed a couple things on it and test it for a couple minutes. Installed a remote on it for the guy I sold it to.
              Attached Files

Comment

Do you know what years they are? 60’s early 70’s?
                Attached Files
                Caution!

Comment

One was old, had a mag on it and the other I bought new in maybe 79 or 80. I bought the old one at auction when copper was sky high, really for the leads. I had lost a couple long ones in a fire some years ago, never replaced them and just wanted a couple more long heavy ones around, mostly for pipe thaw.

Comment

I don't use it anymore really, just kept it around in the event I took some job where I needed extra machines, figured on the occasion or 2 it would pay for itself vs rentals or something and I have on occasion parked it on jobs in plants.

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
                      One was old, had a mag on it

OLD? I have a mid 70’s with a mag on it.
                      Caution!

Comment

This machine has the double bellows type of governor. Mid-'50s could easily be about right for the age. I'll look for numbers on the barrel, and will check those sites and let you know if I learn anything that might be of interest.
                        Last edited by seattle smitty; 03-08-2010, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seattle smitty View Post
                          I'll look for numbers on the bellows
                          Code number will be on the barrel, (generator housing).

Far as ordering parts I can’t see where you need the exact year. With the engine code you gave, I sure it’s a Continental F-162. Far as the generator, just need to know what idler it has, and if it is a 4-gear or 5. And I’ll bet it’s 4.
                          Caution!

Comment

The last SA200's i had......

Railmen
                            Attached Files
                            2007 Trailblazer 302G
                            2004 Invision 354MP
                            1999 60 series feeder
                            2005 Maxstar 200DX
                            2007 CST280
                            1999 HF 251-1
                            older Hobart hefty wire feeder
                            Hyperthrem 600
                            Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
                            had and sold........
                            2003 XMT 304CC/CV
                            1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
                            1963 Lincoln SA200G
                            1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
                            1970's Lincoln SAE400G
                            2 Maxstar's 200DX's
                            1 Maxstar 200SD
                            CST 280
                            2 CST 250
                            MM130

Railmen

Comment

Originally posted by Railmen View Post
                              The last SA200's i had......

Railmen
                              That’s quite a group!
                              Caution!

Comment

Working...
                              X