Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got Onan Engine w/Miller Welder

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got Onan Engine w/Miller Welder

I'm not sure what kind of Miller welder tho. I'm pretty sure the engine is 1961 CCK S/735F Serial # 1C1C671311 either its C or 6 I think its C..

Aea????

may be an AEA... tough to tell by the pics.. can you post more pics??
    here is a link to the AEA Manual

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o410h_mil.pdf

hope this helps
    Heiti

Comment

So what's your question?

Just from your pictures, this looks to me like one of the old Cast Iron blocks, made before the early to mid '80's.

Comment

i took a closer look it is an AEA-200L manual
        Serial # K209238

My question was where could I find parts for it when I need them?

Comment

I have an old Airco that has a similar Onan on it. The welder itself is larger than your's. Mine was bought new by me in about 1977 and still runs great. I have stored it inside and not abused it. It's a 225 AC/200 DC machine. (forerunner to the Bobcat) I think the one you picture is older since it looks to have the old oil bath air cleaner and a rope starter.

Comment

how would I make this baby electric start if even possible? I doubt it but I figured I would ask first. Its a son of a gun to pull on hahaha

Comment

looks just about like my AEAD200LE. guess the E on the end might stand for electric start. go figure. mine i believe with out looking at the manual is a 1977-78 model and it has the 16 horse with electric start and our local miller dealer says he can still get all the parts for it. i haven't needed any parts for it except tune up and filters so i hope he's right. if no one else on here can answer your question on adding electric start i can pull the tarp tomorrow and see if i can snap some pics of the starter arrangement to see if yours will match up.

Comment

There is a member here named Onanparts.

His website: http://www.onanparts.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jbmprods View Post
                  looks just about like my AEAD200LE. guess the E on the end might stand for electric start. go figure. mine i believe with out looking at the manual is a 1977-78 model and it has the 16 horse with electric start and our local miller dealer says he can still get all the parts for it. i haven't needed any parts for it except tune up and filters so i hope he's right. if no one else on here can answer your question on adding electric start i can pull the tarp tomorrow and see if i can snap some pics of the starter arrangement to see if yours will match up.
                  alright.. Thank You!

Comment

hey Charles, i took these pics this morning. don't know if they will help but maybe if you can find an shot old model you could pic up cheap and maybe salvage the parts.
                    Attached Files

Comment

here are a few more pics of the old beast. still runs and welds like a champ.
                      Attached Files

Comment

that looks nice.. I think im going to steal that paint scheme black and blue I dont like onan green i think its kinda ugly myself! loll

Comment

Originally posted by charles09 View Post
                          I'm not sure what kind of Miller welder tho. I'm pretty sure the engine is 1961 CCK S/735F Serial # 1C1C671311 either its C or 6 I think its C..

I have an ONAN unit with electric start. It is a CCA-MS/1196G, Ser# 57C970972. It just needs a kittle TLC, fresh gas, new plugs, etc. and it has about 25' of lead on each side. This unit has the pull rope set up , but it is set up with electric start. It looks factory to me. All covers are there and it does have the old oil bath air cleaner on it but it is in perfect physical condition. If you want it I will take $650.00 for it and you pay the frieght. If your interested in it, call me at 325-537-9271, or Jackyabilene@aol.com. I think this would make a good machine for you or a GREAT parts machine. Let me know.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.