New Tig Welder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tig Welder

Well, my son and I are going to pick up the precision 225 tig today, and i hope i don't regret it later.
    I really cant afford the 275 but also don't want to have to step up at a later date.
    The purpose of the welder is home hobby work on SS exhaust. Anyway, we are excited.

I am excited for you. I want a little Miller Tig for I can weld some thin tubing. I have a Millermatic 251 its great. Have three lathes and one knee mill and a old 8x24 Kalamazoo Saw.

Comment

I appreciate it Brazos, sounds like you have acquired several handy tools.

Comment

Precision Tig 275

Originally posted by tigfun View Post
        Well, my son and I are going to pick up the precision 225 tig today, and i hope i don't regret it later.
        I really cant afford the 275 but also don't want to have to step up at a later date.
        The purpose of the welder is home hobby work on SS exhaust. Anyway, we are excited.
        Wish I had known you where looking for a 275. I have an extra.
        Mustangs Forever!

Miller equipment.

Comment

Well I do have several handy tools. And what I am trying to figure out now is how to build a angle iron notcher cheap. I just use a hack saw and I am getting to old for that. I would like to use a bottle jack. Is that even possible? I am going to make a new post on that subject.
          Brazos

Comment

You'll enjoy the PT225. I spent about 3 hrs. working with mine this morning. Great machine. Make sure you get the stick lead for it also. It's a great stick welder too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos View Post
              Well I do have several handy tools. And what I am trying to figure out now is how to build a angle iron notcher cheap. I just use a hack saw and I am getting to old for that. I would like to use a bottle jack. Is that even possible? I am going to make a new post on that subject.
              Brazos
              An angle grinder with an .045 thick cutting wheel works great too. You'll learn to use those cut off wheels for a lot of things once you use them. I don't know what I do without them or how I ever lived without them. For the heavy angles I still use the O/A torch.
              Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
              Miller 340A/BP
              Victor O/A torches
              Lincoln SP125
              Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
              78 GS1000
              82 GL1100 Interstate

Comment

Working...
              X