Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tig Welder

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tig Welder

Well, my son and I are going to pick up the precision 225 tig today, and i hope i don't regret it later.
    I really cant afford the 275 but also don't want to have to step up at a later date.
    The purpose of the welder is home hobby work on SS exhaust. Anyway, we are excited.

I am excited for you. I want a little Miller Tig for I can weld some thin tubing. I have a Millermatic 251 its great. Have three lathes and one knee mill and a old 8x24 Kalamazoo Saw.

Comment

I appreciate it Brazos, sounds like you have acquired several handy tools.

Comment

Precision Tig 275

Originally posted by tigfun View Post
        Well, my son and I are going to pick up the precision 225 tig today, and i hope i don't regret it later.
        I really cant afford the 275 but also don't want to have to step up at a later date.
        The purpose of the welder is home hobby work on SS exhaust. Anyway, we are excited.
        Wish I had known you where looking for a 275. I have an extra.

Comment

Well I do have several handy tools. And what I am trying to figure out now is how to build a angle iron notcher cheap. I just use a hack saw and I am getting to old for that. I would like to use a bottle jack. Is that even possible? I am going to make a new post on that subject.
          Brazos

Comment

You'll enjoy the PT225. I spent about 3 hrs. working with mine this morning. Great machine. Make sure you get the stick lead for it also. It's a great stick welder too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos View Post
              Well I do have several handy tools. And what I am trying to figure out now is how to build a angle iron notcher cheap. I just use a hack saw and I am getting to old for that. I would like to use a bottle jack. Is that even possible? I am going to make a new post on that subject.
              Brazos
              An angle grinder with an .045 thick cutting wheel works great too. You'll learn to use those cut off wheels for a lot of things once you use them. I don't know what I do without them or how I ever lived without them. For the heavy angles I still use the O/A torch.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.