Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding Symbol?

Hello

I wanna know the welding symbol for this kind of koint.

If u can't see the picture you can find it here: http://xs.to/image-AC20_4B68685A.jpg

Ignore the spanish words.

Thanks.

Fish

Give a man a fish,
    feed him for a day,

Teach a man to fish,
    feed him forever.

http://www.engineersedge.com/weld_symbol.htm
    '08 F-350
    Vantage 400
    SA-250
    SA-200
    Invertec V350Pro
    Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
    Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
    Track torch

Comment

Use this also!

you will need this to figgure it out also!
      Attached Files
      Miller Syncrowave 200
      Miller Spectrum 875 Plasma Cutter
      Miller Milermatic 135
      Ridgid Drill Press
      Ridgid Chop Saw
      36" Metal Break
      Harris Toarches
      English Wheel
      Ingersoll Rand, 18.1 cfm Compressor
      30 gal. Sand Blaster
      Planishing Hammer
      150lb Anvil
      10" Swing Logan Lathe

Comment

Please if you don't know the answer don't post a los of symbols. This is serious.

Is just one question, if you don't know the answer, don't write anything.

Comment

Symbol

Originally posted by jmtc View Post
          Please if you don't know the answer don't post a los of symbols. This is serious.

Is just one question, if you don't know the answer, don't write anything.
          It seems you do not want to understand symbols but want to know them?

If it was so serious you would have taken some time to look at the symbols we posted and drawn it out. There is a book i got in my blueprint reading class a few years back called Blueprint Reading For Welders, 7 edition, by A. E Bennett.

Hope this helps: it is just a quick sketch i made....maybe i made some mastakes Review it and all the "symbols" we posted and take it from there.
          Attached Files
          Miller Syncrowave 200
          Miller Milermatic 135
          Ridgid Drill Press
          Ridgid Chop Saw
          36" Metal Break
          Harris Toarches
          English Wheel
          30 gal. Sand Blaster
          Planishing Hammer
          150lb Anvil
          10" Swing Logan Lathe

Comment

Weld symbol? I don’t see any welding symbols. I see joint prep, and post weld dimensions!
            Caution!
            These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

Spam Posts?

There seems to be a lot of these "new member" 1st posts lately. I would be wary of clicking on these links.

Dave
              "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Comment

Originally posted by jessehornberger View Post
                It seems you do not want to understand symbols but want to know them?

If it was so serious you would have taken some time to look at the symbols we posted and drawn it out. There is a book i got in my blueprint reading class a few years back called Blueprint Reading For Welders, 7 edition, by A. E Bennett.

Hope this helps: it is just a quick sketch i made....maybe i made some mastakes Review it and all the "symbols" we posted and take it from there.
                Finally, one person who understood. Thanks a lot.

Comment

"Koint?"

If we knew what a "koint" was, maybe more of us wouldn't be leary of clicking on the link(s). There has been a lot of "spam" lately on this Forum, and generally, mispelling, confusing questions, "1st posts," or unrelated topics are a red flag.

Comment

If you can’t say something nice…Why say anything?

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                    If we knew what a "koint" was, maybe more of us wouldn't be leary of clicking on the link(s). There has been a lot of "spam" lately on this Forum, and generally, mispelling, confusing questions, "1st posts," or unrelated topics are a red flag.
                    Look on your keyboard…next to the K is the J. It is a common typing error. Replace that K with a J and you get Joint. Personally I type all my posts in MS Word and use spell check, then copy and paste to the forum.

Not to mention the 2 words you misspelled in your reply. If we knew what “leary” and “mispelling” were? ....maybe you are spamming

Point is….If you can’t say something nice…Why say anything?
                    Miller Syncrowave 200
                    Miller Milermatic 135
                    Ridgid Drill Press
                    Ridgid Chop Saw
                    36" Metal Break
                    Harris Toarches
                    English Wheel
                    30 gal. Sand Blaster
                    Planishing Hammer
                    150lb Anvil
                    10" Swing Logan Lathe

Comment

That was not what he was getting at.

jessehornberger Was trying to get you to educate your self on how to read the symbols. as just getting one drawn for you does nothing for you other then give you the answer.

I ran into this a little while back and downloaded a nice legend for lack of a better term. And Now I can read most the symbols and can figure out the rest by using reference materials. But that is what we are getting at. If you would have taken the time to learn the symbols instead of demanding the correct answer. You yourself would be better off for it.

What are you going to do next time??? Ask again??? Study the charts it's not that hard to figure out.
                      Miller Syncrowave 200 W/Radiator 1A & water cooled torch
                      Millermatic 252 on the wish list
                      Bridgeport Mill W/ 2 axis CNC control
                      South bend lathe 10LX40
                      K.O. Lee surface grinder 6X18
                      Over 20 years as a Machinist Toolmaker
                      A TWO CAR garage full of tools and a fridge full of beer
                      Auto shades are for rookies
                      www.KLStottlemyer.com

Comment

"Timothy Leary?"

you will need this to figgure it out also!
                        Hey Hornblower, how's your keyboard and spell check working? (Check your post #10)

I've burned more rods, poured more concrete, moved more earth, and driven more miles than you'll ever rack up.

BTW, I learned to type, way back in 1968, in the 9th grade, on a MANUAL Olympia typewriter. You probably see them in antique stores these days.

Have a nice day
                        Last edited by davedarragh; 02-03-2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Nice Day!

Originally posted by davedarragh View Post
                          Hey Hornblower, how's your keyboard and spell check working? (Check your post #10)

I've burned more rods, poured more concrete, moved more earth, and driven more miles than you'll ever rack up.

BTW, I learned to type, way back in 1968, in the 9th grade, on a MANUAL Olympia typewriter. You probably see them in antique stores these days.

Have a nice day
                          The Horn Blower is my father who played trumpet in the USC marching band. Nice try on the name calling though. (And back to the, If you can’t say anything nice…Why say anything)

LOL, I guess spell check is not a lot of help when you get home from the bar at 2:30am, drunk, and reply to a post. That’s my mistake. You may want to check over my weld symbol, I was drunk when I drew that to….
                          And probably yes you will have more miles driven and earth moved because I do not want to do those things. As for welding and concrete…I am only 23, have my own welding/concrete company. I do not evaluate myself or others on what we have done, I evaluate myself and others and on what we will do next. The Future is to be seen

I will have a Nice day. I am in my studio doing what I LOVE; Welding, and building a form for a Concrete Countertop today (and typing on this forum on my breaks) Hope you are having a Nice day also!
                          Miller Syncrowave 200
                          Miller Milermatic 135
                          Ridgid Drill Press
                          Ridgid Chop Saw
                          36" Metal Break
                          Harris Toarches
                          English Wheel
                          30 gal. Sand Blaster
                          Planishing Hammer
                          150lb Anvil
                          10" Swing Logan Lathe

Comment

Ok, getting past all the personalities here, anybody else get the feeling this was a homework assignment, that the OP didn't want to, or was too lazy, to research him- or her-self????? Note, the exact same post was put up on the Hobart board.
                            Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Comment

The Horn Blower is my father who played trumpet in the USC marching band. Nice try on the name calling though. (And back to the, If you can’t say anything nice…Why say anything)

LOL, I guess spell check is not a lot of help when you get home from the bar at 2:30am, drunk, and reply to a post. That’s my mistake. You may want to check over my weld symbol, I was drunk when I drew that to….
                              And probably yes you will have more miles driven and earth moved because I do not want to do those things. As for welding and concrete…I am only 23, have my own welding/concrete company. I do not evaluate myself or others on what we have done, I evaluate myself and others and on what we will do next. The Future is to be seen

I will have a Nice day. I am in my studio doing what I LOVE; Welding, and building a form for a Concrete Countertop today (and typing on this forum on my breaks) Hope you are having a Nice day also!
                              You have Besser Plants? How many yds/hr can you batch? I know all about PCCP, Pozzolith 400-N, Tetraguard, Rheobuild 1000, Pozz 20, Pozz 80, post-tension columns and floors. We poured 130,000 yds of CIP into the Cardinal's Football Stadium. Box-beam/web-wall bridge frames, exposed roundrock tilt panels, caissons so deep you can see China (courtesy of Malcolm Drilling). The concrete bizz was very good to me when I was with Kiewitt.

BTW, I don't drink, but I am up at 2:30 am 5 or 6 nights a week, working. Heck, I'm already 4 -6 hours into my shift!

Dave
                              Last edited by davedarragh; 02-03-2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X