Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

The forum is currently undergoing maintenance and is in a 'read-only' mode for the time being. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Control Panel Setting for Airco 300amp Hornet

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Panel Setting for Airco 300amp Hornet

I have a Airco 300amp Welder/Generator Hornet. The settings on the two switches on the control panel have faded and I can't read them any more. I believe the left switch(major amperage) has 5 settings and the right switch(fine setting) has 10 settings.
    Can anyone tell what the left switch settings are left to right?? I believe the right switch is 0-10(counter clockwise), is this correct. Thanks for your help. This welder is similar to a 1978 Miller Big 20 but I haven't been able to fine a picture clear enough to figure out the switch settings.

You could look here, http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php, download the owner's manual for the Big 20, see if it's similar to what you have. If so, there will be some clear diagrams and/or descriptions in the pdf file.

Comment

suggestion for user manual

I did that...and it talks about the settings without using any specific numbers and doesn't show any pictures of the front of the control panel....so I don't know if its 100,125,...300 or 100,150,200,...300...

Comment

An Airco # is a bunch of #'s an letters, soooo if you posted a picture.....

Comment

Picture of Airco 300 Welder

Picture of the Airco Control Panel that was faded over time until you can't read the settings.
          Attached Files

Comment

airco superhornet control settings

here ya go, this is from my airco superhornet 300.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by firebird; 03-27-2011, 12:30 PM. Reason: attachment

Comment

Working...
            X
            Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.