Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Sale: Miller Syncrowave 200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For Sale: Miller Syncrowave 200

    Came across a nice very lightly used Syncrowave 200. 2006 model year bought in 2007. Comes with Weldcraft torch, regulator, gas hose, wall plug, pedal and electrode holder. Anyone near the Chicago/Illinois is welcome to test it if they want to buy it...Looking for 1475. Very clean Tig machine!
    SRN-LG420053L
    Kevin
    630-677-1530
    Attached Files
    Lincoln ranger 305g x2
    Ln25
    Miller spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spoolgun
    Wc115a
    Lincoln 210mp
    F550 imt service truck

  • #2
    Kevin, on Sun, 8 Jul 2007, I won a Miller Maxtron welder from you on eBay, for $510. That was, admittedly, a good price for me as the buyer.

    The transaction failed, as you informed me that the welder was not available, as you accidentally sold it prior to auction end and could not cancel the auction.

    (I have copies of all related emails).

    Now I see that item number one on your welding equipment list, is "Miller Maxtron 450".

    What is the story here?

    Comment


    • #3
      i sold it off ebay

      I@said this before I sold the welder before the auction ended. I have owned 5 maxtrons, infact had you not been so difficult to work with I would have given one to you, as I got two of them about a month after the auction. In the auction I stated item is for sale locally. I was tired of arguing with you then, and I'm already tired of arguing with you now!
      Lincoln ranger 305g x2
      Ln25
      Miller spectrum 625
      Miller 30a spoolgun
      Wc115a
      Lincoln 210mp
      F550 imt service truck

      Comment


      • #4
        I passed on an item from a local seller before as he insisted that I go through his EBAY sale, Now I under stand his insistence. He could not sell me the item even if I paid more without screwing over his top bidder. The dynamics of integrity in the digital age, can be baffling. I now have more respect for the guy than I did at this time. I think i might have called him a %#$@#$ but just to myself.

        Learn something new every day Thanks ichudov for posting.

        Comment


        • #5
          10+ years in the machinery buy & sell business..

          Local CASH sales ALWAYS take priority over ANY online transaction.

          (As long as the item has not already been "won" & paid for. Then it's a done deal)

          Plain & simple.

          Call it what you like.

          Money talks & local buyers are easiest to deal with on many levels.

          IMHO, of course!
          Last edited by 7A749; 12-30-2009, 07:48 AM.
          So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

          Comment


          • #6
            local sale

            Same thing here I sold the welder to a supplier of mine. I aqctually sold the welder for less than the ebay price. Ebay has now changed the format to allow for auctions
            to be cancelled, again I even offered the name of the buyer but he was convinced I had some grand sceme, truth be told I just wanted this welder gone because I never used it and it was the most beat up one I had.
            Kevin
            Lincoln ranger 305g x2
            Ln25
            Miller spectrum 625
            Miller 30a spoolgun
            Wc115a
            Lincoln 210mp
            F550 imt service truck

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 7A749 View Post
              10+ years in the machinery buy & sell business..

              Local CASH sales ALWAYS take priority over ANY online transaction.

              (As long as the item has not already been "won" & paid for. Then it's a done deal)

              Plain & simple.
              In my case, his Maxtron was already "won" by me. I offered to pay cash or paypal shortly after auction end.

              I sold plenty of things on ebay, and had a few disappointments such as things that I paid real money for that ended up closing for $0.01. I did not like following through on such transactions, but I did so.

              Comment


              • #8
                sale price.....

                I was not unhappy with the sale price! I paid 100 bucks for that maxtron, I bought it a few years prior as. A nonworking parts machine. It turned out it had a bad fuse inside and a stickiking power switch, then for 2 years it sat inside my service truck and I would use it when I had power. I sold that welder for I think 300 or 400 it was rough on the outside, it was a well used machine. Look at my feedback I have nearly perfect feedback, I'm sorry that the transaction ended the way it did, but I don't think there is anything I can say to resolve this.
                Kevin
                Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                Ln25
                Miller spectrum 625
                Miller 30a spoolgun
                Wc115a
                Lincoln 210mp
                F550 imt service truck

                Comment


                • #9
                  I buy off of E bay and some things bother me. Why is it a buyer commits to a bid and should honor it. I agree. But a seller can stop an auction because the bids are not high enough. I know they do that. They can always say it was purchased locally, it was stolen, it has been damaged and God knows how many other reasons not to honor the auction. Also many sellers have no idea
                  what they are selling, if it works, etc. I won and paid immediately after the auction for a business radio only to have the seller change his mind about selling it. I missed bidding on other radios. Sellers need to stop using the phrase "Works Great" when they haven't clue even how the item works. I bought a 5 beam laser Nov 17 for a good price. It was described as working great. I received the laser which might work one minute and not the next. Piece of crap. After the seller not responding well to me I finally stopped the card payment. It's odd he did credit my card the same day. A month later.
                  I'm sure the buyers give the sellers fits also. You really have to pay attention on e bay. There's a lot of stupid people there.
                  Last edited by monte55; 12-30-2009, 12:57 PM.
                  Nick
                  Miller 252 Mig
                  Miller Cricket XL
                  Millermatic 150 Mig
                  Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                  2-O/A outfits
                  Jet Lathe and Mill
                  Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                  DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                  Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                  20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                  Propane Forge
                  60" X 60" router/plasma table

                  www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                  Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                  and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ebay.....

                    Originally posted by monte55 View Post
                    I buy off of E bay and some things bother me. Why is it a buyer commits to a bid and should honor it. I agree. But a seller can stop an auction because the bids are not high enough. I know they do that. They can always say it was purchased locally, it was stolen, it has been damaged and God knows how many other reasons not to honor the auction. Also many sellers have no idea
                    what they are selling, if it works, etc. I won and paid immediately after the auction for a business radio only to have the seller change his mind about selling it. I missed bidding on other radios. Sellers need to stop using the phrase "Works Great" when they haven't clue even how the item works. I bought a 5 beam laser Nov 17 for a good price. It was described as working great. I received the laser which might work one minute and not the next. Piece of crap. After the seller not responding well to me I finally stopped the card payment. It's odd he did credit my card the same day. A month later.
                    I'm sure the buyers give the sellers fits also. You really have to pat attention on e bay. There's a lot of stupid people there.
                    So many people want to compare ebay to rb auctions, or say they wish it was more fair. Fact is most ebayers would agree that its the sellar who gets screwed the most. Monte in you situation with the laser any real auction you bid you get there is no refunds. There are buyers premiums, there is no such thing as nonpayment. How many times have I sold an itwm on ebay then not receive payment? Or had buyers show up and haggle the price of the item because they expected it to be different. Finally sell a battery charger with the descreibtion saying broken then have the buyer complain to ebay he received a broken charger, (I lost that case??????). Fact is an ebay auction is nothing like a real auction and to compare the two is pointless.
                    Kevin
                    Lincoln ranger 305g x2
                    Ln25
                    Miller spectrum 625
                    Miller 30a spoolgun
                    Wc115a
                    Lincoln 210mp
                    F550 imt service truck

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nick: How's that MM 252 treating you? Get it moved out of the bedroom yet?
                      "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Be it e-bay, craigslist, or a local ad, to me, the seller reserves the right to sell his item to the buyer he chooses. From what I can gather here, the seller clearly stated that the item was for sale locally and reserved the right to sell it prior to the end date of the auction.

                        Based on the tone of the "rejected buyer", I can easily see why the seller chose not to sell it to him but rather took another offer.

                        Had the seller not posted the "reserve the right to sell locally", and the auction went to conclusion with the "buyer" having the winning bid, then I could see where there may be a problem. That was not the case here.

                        E-bay can be a great source for finding value equipment that the seller no longer needs. I have gotten some really great deals there. Unfortunately, for every 10 good sellers, there's one "crook" out there. The trick is to be able to identify who's good/who's not. Number of transactions is not always a good indicator.

                        For instance, I recently bid on and won a digital wirefeeder (similar to the S-74DX) for less than 1/4th the retail price. Seller had 0 feedback. First item he had ever sold. That raised a red flag with me. When it came time for payment, I sent him a message to call me to discuss details of payment/shipping. He did. After being on the phone with him for about 10 min. I was convinced the guy was "TOTALLY ABOVEBOARD" and payment was made. (as it turned out the guy is a regional manager for Praxair). He's happy, I'm happy, and we both move on.

                        A deal is not a deal til a monetary exchange occurs. Sounds to me like the complaining "buyer" in this case, didn't read the fine print and tried to be a pain in the a--. Don't blame the seller for his actions.
                        Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                        Dynasty 200 DX
                        Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                        Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                        Hobart HH187
                        Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                        Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                        Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                        PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                        Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                        Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                        More grinders than hands

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Pm sent to Tryagn5.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ichudov View Post
                            In my case, his Maxtron was already "won" by me. I offered to pay cash or paypal shortly after auction end.

                            I sold plenty of things on ebay, and had a few disappointments such as things that I paid real money for that ended up closing for $0.01. I did not like following through on such transactions, but I did so.
                            Yup. If I sold it, I sold it. Once an ebay auction actually ends & the buyer has been in contact with me & I know payment is on it's way. Done deal.

                            I have had several things sold out from under me & I know how it feels. I've have to bite the bullet on a few things I put on that didn't bring what I thought they would, but that's the biz.

                            Like JTMcC likes to say...

                            Some days you eat the bear. Some days, the bear eats you.

                            But...I have had some potential ebay buyers attempt to "call me out" on some alleged shady business practices without having all the facts & making half cocked assumptions on what they thought I did. I simply tell them they should get all their facts together before making negative statements about someone's integrity. Then I block them from bidding on anything of mine in the future.

                            They generally don't even have a clue. Usually spanking them with their own ignorance does the trick & I don't get any more hate mail. Life goes on.

                            That about sums it up in the world of used machinery sales.

                            JMHO, of course.
                            Last edited by 7A749; 12-30-2009, 01:34 PM.
                            So you're telling me...You're not nostalgic? Then, give me another word for it......

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tryagn5 View Post
                              So many people want to compare ebay to rb auctions, or say they wish it was more fair. Fact is most ebayers would agree that its the sellar who gets screwed the most. Monte in you situation with the laser any real auction you bid you get there is no refunds. There are buyers premiums, there is no such thing as nonpayment. How many times have I sold an itwm on ebay then not receive payment? Or had buyers show up and haggle the price of the item because they expected it to be different. Finally sell a battery charger with the descreibtion saying broken then have the buyer complain to ebay he received a broken charger, (I lost that case??????). Fact is an ebay auction is nothing like a real auction and to compare the two is pointless.
                              Kevin
                              If the seller had stated the item was "as is" I would never have bid and purchaced it. Asked the seller prior to the auction if the unit worked properly and again the answer was "works great". It didn't. I'm still out the return shipping for a piece of junk. Sellers should be more aware of what they are selling or as some will state, they not familiar with the item and buy "as is".
                              This was not my case. I even asked if he had another as a replacement.
                              No communication from him. Even if a seller states that an item is new doesn't mean it works. You have to ask questions. Many sellers use stock photos of the item they're selling and the buyer gets a beat up piece of crap. I question everything. Another things that annoys me is that a lot of sellers
                              won't leave positive feedback for you even with instant payment at auction
                              end till you leave positive feedback for them. What a crock!. I also feel the seller should still be able to leave negative feedback for a poor buyer.
                              Nick
                              Miller 252 Mig
                              Miller Cricket XL
                              Millermatic 150 Mig
                              Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
                              2-O/A outfits
                              Jet Lathe and Mill
                              Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
                              DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
                              Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
                              20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
                              Propane Forge
                              60" X 60" router/plasma table

                              www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
                              Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
                              and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X