Pics of what I do at work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of what I do at work

I'm gonna attempt to post some pics of my welding at work. I had to hand weld for a few days as my orbital welder has been tore up . It's good to hand weld once in awhile so I don't lose my hand. This is 347 stainless with the root's welded at 78 amps then I turn my heat up to 86 to fill and cap.I walk my root and second pass then free hand the rest. I'm sure your wondering why freehand , well you can carry ALOT more metal free handing than walking the cup on small o.d. tubing like this. I refer to this type of welding I do as the good ole "hot flop". I just throw it on there and we don't try to make every weld a masterpiece , just not enough time for the pretty stuff. Save the pretty for the weld booth. These welds pass x-ray and thats the bottom line.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Showdog75; 12-29-2009, 06:59 PM.
    Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
    Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
    Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
    Powcon 300st

Some more pics.
    Attached Files
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Powcon 300st

Comment

One more pic.
      Attached Files
      Rockwell vertical mill
      Beverly Shear B-3
      Beverly Shear JR
      Home-made English wheel
      Milwaukee Porta-band
      " Sawz-all
      Powcon 300st

Comment

Those are some beautiful welds Showdog! Always like seeing a true professional’s work, thanks for taking the time to post the pictures!
        Caution!
        These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Comment

Showdog75,

It does not appear that having to watch the robot has not diminished your manual skills..........good job. What are the end products you manufacture at work??

Comment

Well I've been feeling like folks on this forum think your full of bs if you don't back up what you preach with some pics.So I had to put up or shut up. I've always been intimidated when it comes to posting pics but I think I've got it figured out finally. Thanks for the compliment. I tend to take for granted what I do at work because it's all I know but feel like I have alot to be proud of when I see newby's struggling with the basics. I'm here to learn like everyone but also willing to share any knowledge I have with whomever is willing to sift through my bs.
            Rockwell vertical mill
            Beverly Shear B-3
            Beverly Shear JR
            Home-made English wheel
            Milwaukee Porta-band
            " Sawz-all
            Powcon 300st

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
              Showdog75,

It does not appear that having to watch the robot has not diminished your manual skills..........good job. What are the end products you manufacture at work??
              Mostly superheater and reheater elements for fossil fuel power plants.
              Rockwell vertical mill
              Beverly Shear B-3
              Beverly Shear JR
              Home-made English wheel
              Milwaukee Porta-band
              " Sawz-all
              Powcon 300st

Comment

Originally posted by Showdog75 View Post
                Well I've been feeling like folks on this forum think your full of bs if you don't back up what you preach with some pics.So I had to put up or shut up. I've always been intimidated when it comes to posting pics but I think I've got it figured out finally. Thanks for the compliment. I tend to take for granted what I do at work because it's all I know but feel like I have alot to be proud of when I see newby's struggling with the basics. I'm here to learn like everyone but also willing to share any knowledge I have with whomever is willing to sift through my bs.
                I don’t think anybodies doubted your abilities, I know the thought has never crossed my mind! You always give top notch advice, you’ve helped me in the past, and I appreciate it immensely!
                Caution!

Comment

That is beautiful work, you should be proud.
                  Nick

Comment

Ahhh man, very nice. I hope one day I can post some picks like that.

Comment

Nice...

Nice looking work there! I hate to sound so Newbish but I am..Ive heard quite a few guys, mainly guys who weld pipe speak of "walking the cup" can you elaborate on that, is this techniques manily used for pipe welding. The pattern/puddle has a uniques look to it, obviously due to the "walking of the cup" im interested to know how you do that..thanks for your time and once again..Nice looking welds!

Comment

Very nice work indeed!
                        mike sr

Comment

Originally posted by palongee1 View Post
                          Nice looking work there! I hate to sound so Newbish but I am..Ive heard quite a few guys, mainly guys who weld pipe speak of "walking the cup" can you elaborate on that, is this techniques manily used for pipe welding. The pattern/puddle has a uniques look to it, obviously due to the "walking of the cup" im interested to know how you do that..thanks for your time and once again..Nice looking welds!
                          Here is a little taste of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMkosukk6ao
                          Caution!

Comment

that looks very good thats one thing I have alwase problems with is welding small pipe like that.

Comment

Is that what "walking the cup" is all about? You're rockin' that torch pretty good.

Nice T shirt too!!! Hahahahaaaa!! Sorry couldn't resist!
                              Will it weld? I loooove electricity!

Miller 251/30A spool
                              Syncro200
                              Spectrum 625
                              O/A
                              Precix 5x10 CNC Router12"Z
                              Standard modern lathe
                              Cheap Chinese mill that does the trick... sort of...
                              horizontal 7x12 bandsaw
                              Roland XC540 PRO III
                              54" laminator
                              hammer and screwdriver (most used)
                              little dog
                              pooper scooper (2nd most used...)

Comment

Working...
                              X