Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

welding truck

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• welding truck

im having a hard time finding the right group of poeple to advertise to, any sugestions? i've had it on ebay and no luck. its a really clean truck and very nice expecially for a welding truck. i have tons of pics and a huge write up about it, i just can't seem to find people looking for a welding truck.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/1446516161.html

Have ya tried the American Welding Society Online Forum. Alot rigs for sale there and a hugh number of the members are pipeliners.

Comment

Times is Tough !!

Hello; Maybe the price is a bit High ! Tough times these days !!

Your truck is 10yrs. old ! When I bought my 95 Ford it was 10 yrs. old as well, I paid $4100. for just the Truck !
      The Truck was Stock - Empty, but $4100. is Not $12,000.

I'd rethink the Price Package ! As I said above, Tough Times !!

................. Norm

Comment

Originally posted by nfinch86 View Post
        Hello; Maybe the price is a bit High ! Tough times these days !!

Your truck is 10yrs. old ! When I bought my 95 Ford it was 10 yrs. old as well, I paid $4100. for just the Truck !
        The Truck was Stock - Empty, but $4100. is Not $12,000.

I'd rethink the Price Package ! As I said above, Tough Times !!

................. Norm
        Was your truck a Diesel Norm? That would be one reason that the price is considerably higher than you'd expect.
        I also notice that the trucks odometer reading is missing so maybe it has extremely low miles. Same thing goes for the welder, list the hours and it will help people decide if it is a good deal or not.

Comment

Originally posted by c wagner View Post
          Was your truck a Diesel Norm? That would be one reason that the price is considerably higher than you'd expect.
          I also notice that the trucks odometer reading is missing so maybe it has extremely low miles. Same thing goes for the welder, list the hours and it will help people decide if it is a good deal or not.
          Hi; Not diesel, 4.9 straight six ! Gas .

Comment

nice looking rig how many hrs the welder got and what year model I know an old boy looking for one of those pro300

Comment

There isnt much work going on right now.I think the Miller may be hurting you too. Most (not all) pipeline guys want Lincolns. The colors are kinda goofy too, the red graphics with a blue bed and shiny shapes stuck everywhere. Im not trying to be mean, its just really personalized.

Comment

really nice rig. I think it's worth $21000. I know lots of rig welders running millers. You couldn't put that kind of rig together for that price.
                New power plant going up out here in AZ if you wanted to try and put it to work?
                You want 6500 for the machine right?
                Last edited by sae350; 11-12-2009, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stick man View Post
                  nice looking rig how many hrs the welder got and what year model I know an old boy looking for one of those pro300
                  i believe its a 2005 model with about 2800 hrs on it. its got the cat motor and the glow plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by reggie
                    4x4 would speed up the sale....
                    the truck is 4x4. with 4:10 gears and a posi. weighing at 11,300lbs, it goes through the snow like its not there.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Carroll View Post
                      There isnt much work going on right now.I think the Miller may be hurting you too. Most (not all) pipeline guys want Lincolns. The colors are kinda goofy too, the red graphics with a blue bed and shiny shapes stuck everywhere. Im not trying to be mean, its just really personalized.
                      yeah i know the graphics turn alot of people away from the truck. when i bought it(the truck with regular bed), the guy couldn't sell the truck cuase of the paint so i got a good deal.

but it is a now a work truck. its made to be used not look good. if someone is turned away from it cause the looks aren't the best ever, then they are an idiot cuase you won't find another one set up this nice for this price. if the buyer is that worried about what a welding truck looks like, they should check their gender and probably buy a miata. haha
                      Last edited by ingin689; 11-13-2009, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sae350 View Post
                        really nice rig. I think it's worth $21000. I know lots of rig welders running millers. You couldn't put that kind of rig together for that price.
                        New power plant going up out here in AZ if you wanted to try and put it to work?
                        You want 6500 for the machine right?
                        thanks, there are alot of millers out there just like you said....its a losing arguement just like.....whats better, ford or chevy? lol

what kind of work is going on there? structural? i've been looking into moving around the phoenix area.

yeah i'd take $6500 for the welder.

Comment

Nice looking rig.

Colours can be changed.

Power unit is nice.

Deck appears to be well laid out.

I'm not a Miller Fan, but the welder is more than stout for most applications.

Wire feed capability is a nice touch.

If I was in the market for a truck (and closer) I'd buy it.

The colour combination may be a little off putting, but a good vinyl graphics shop could have that cleared up in an afternoon.

I hope you get your price.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Wolf View Post
                            Nice looking rig.

Colours can be changed.

Power unit is nice.

Deck appears to be well laid out.

I'm not a Miller Fan, but the welder is more than stout for most applications.

Wire feed capability is a nice touch.

If I was in the market for a truck (and closer) I'd buy it.

The colour combination may be a little off putting, but a good vinyl graphics shop could have that cleared up in an afternoon.

I hope you get your price.

thanks, if those designs were vinyl, they'd already be off. they r painted over the factory paint whoever did them did a nice job but they look dumb.

Comment

Yup - I understood that those were painted on... I meant that a good graphics shop could figure out something colour matching to the bed that they could overlay on top of them to cover them up until such time as a "proper" paint job was feaseable.

Then again, some folks would be happy with the cover-up, while others really couldn't care one way or the other in the first place.

I really think that the whole colour thing is a non-issue.

Hopefully the right guy (or gal) see your rig, and picks it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.