TIP TIG hot wirefeed tig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes Tallman this is the cold feed.

there is no arc or power connected to the wire what so ever and is just purely an automatic feed controlled by the microswitch on the tig torch.

you can control very accurately the wire speed, the oscillation speed, the pause time and the wire retract. certain models are programmable to user settings!
    Tip Tig has a great advantage over feeding the rod by hand because you can put a hec of alot of wire into a weld pool and weld at say, 200A, and your hands are no where near the arc at all so they dont get hot!!
    and also using two hands on the torch gives you a really steady weld that looks amazing!

could you possibly feed wire manually at about 1ft per 4-5 seconds???

justin.

Comment

hey for anyone interested still theres a similar system for little over 1k sold by arc zone seems to me that even for this investment it should get good results

http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=7852
      Leblond Makino mills
      HAAS CNC SL-40 lathe
      American Pacemaker lathe
      wells index mill
      hydrotel rebuilt
      syncrowave 250
      diversion 165
      Miller Elite Vintage USA

Comment

yeah that seems really cheap, but it is only a wire feed unit that you have to hold in a spare hand.

where as the Tip Tig has its own dedicated 2 button torch that works the wire unit. your gas runs through the machine, and it even has water cooler connections on the back of the unit because the tip tig torch is cooled. and the wire comes out on a holder that clamps up under your ceramic.

it seems more of a well thought out machine.,

however, surely this Pro II Tig cold wire feed can be adapted somehow to be fixed infront of your torch? this way i think it gives you a perfectly straight weld with no great effort or concentration required!

thanks for the link, it would be interesting to find out how many different styles of adaptable wire feed units there actually are!

justin

Comment

ya i know its not the ideal setup but it makes it easier to learn and for the price comparably its an "ok" system
          Leblond Makino mills
          HAAS CNC SL-40 lathe
          American Pacemaker lathe
          wells index mill
          hydrotel rebuilt
          syncrowave 250
          diversion 165
          Miller Elite Vintage USA

Comment

TIP TIG info

I have found some brochures on a website from Canada.

http://arcinnovations.net/nmdownloads.php

some good images of the torches and machines in the brochures.

It looks like they are the distributor for western Canada.

Comment

Tip Tig welding

Originally posted by Tallman View Post
              Does anyone have any expereince with using the TIPTIG for welding copper? I am still trying to find out who is actually using the TIPTIG in the North America.

Anyone have experience with using the TIPTIG with a Dynasaty 700?

It sound like an interesting product but at $15K plus it is not something you just go out and buy.

I would like to hear some users comments as compared to what you see on the TiptTigusa.com website
              I use 3 Tip-Tig machines where I work currently. This process is very impressive. Very low heat input and maximizes productivity and mechanical properties. I myself was a little weary about the machine. I visited Ed, Nick, and Tom at their facility and ran samples with the machine. I was blown away. Now i have three more coming in now. If anyone is interested in maximizing productivity and quality of their welds, this is definently the way to go.

Comment

Working...
              X