No announcement yet.

Need help selecting a plasma!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've een putting on hurricane dryers, quite economical, and no canisters or filters to change out. Your fitting is 1/4" NPT so what the best method is to get a 1/2" hurricane version and step it down to 1/4".

Removes around 99% of the water.

Comment

Cruizer, do you have a link to these Hurricane dryers?
      Millermatic350P/Python, MillermaticReach/Q300
      Millermatic175
      MillermaticPassport/Q300
      HTP MIG200
      PowCon 300SM, MK Cobramatic
      ThermalArc 185ACDC, Dynaflux Tig'r, CK-20
      DialarcHF, Radiator-1
      Hypertherm PowerMax 380
      Purox oxy/ace
      Jackson EQC
      -F350 CrewCab 4x4
      -LoadNGo utility bed
      -Bobcat 250NT
      -PassportPlus/Q300
      -XMT304/Optima/Spoolmatic15A
      -Suitcase8RC/Q400
      -Suitcase12RC/Q300
      -Smith oxy/propane
      -Jackson EQC

Comment

Originally posted by Desertrider33 View Post
        Cruizer, do you have a link to these Hurricane dryers?
        Just an oversized water separator simular in design to the factory ones, air shoots through a micron filter and blasts in a tornado huricane fashion the moisture laden air against the sides of the bowl, and drains out the bottom. I use the manual drain ones and open it up very slightly. A 1/2" version runs in at less than 60 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by cruizer View Post
          Just an oversized water separator simular in design to the factory ones, air shoots through a micron filter and blasts in a tornado huricane fashion the moisture laden air against the sides of the bowl, and drains out the bottom. I use the manual drain ones and open it up very slightly. A 1/2" version runs in at less than 60 bucks.
          Where are you mounting this air dryer??? right off of compressor or at the plasma???

Would it help if I ran hard line to the area where I will do most of my cutting then use a short peice of rubber line, or doesnt it matter??

Comment

Have to use it as close to the plasma as possible. This is because your airlines also gather moisture, especially copper and black pipe.

Comment

Well I plan on putting my new compressor in the corner of the garage. I then want to run my 220v and an airline over to a post in the center of my garage where I will have my welding table.

Should I run a solid line (copper) over to a point on the post, then put in an air dryer??? I suppose a solid line is better???

Comment

Working...
              X