Syncrowave 200 Maintenance Cleaning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncrowave 200 Maintenance Cleaning

I have a Syncrowave 200. and I want to keep it in as good of a shape as I can always. I know that it is probably time to make sure the insides of the machine are clean and dust free. So I want to blow out all the foreign particulates that are in it. And the manual also says every 6 months you should do this, and I've had this machine since last December. I don't think it states how to take any covers off, but by looking at the exploded view of the machine assembly. it looks like the top cover comes off?

I just want to verify on the correct method into approaching this, so i don't accidentally loosen up any important parts. Thanks in advance.

-Jon-

Yes,
    You can take the top off or any side panel. Nothing is mounted to the exterior sheet metal.

Andy

Comment

I just take the side covers off and hit it with the blower side of the shop vac.
      Miller Syncrowave 200
      Homemade Water Cooler
      130XP MIG
      Spectrum 375
      60 year old Logan Lathe
      Select Machine and Tool Mill
      More stuff than I can keep track of..

Comment

How much have you ran this machine? In a dusty industrial environment its a deal, at home with limited use it could go years before it needs cleaning, my shop is fairly clean, I blow my buzzer out a while back and it wasn't particularly dirty after 20 plus years and a fair amount of use. My sp175 has been blown a couple times over the years, a bit more confined use and extended run time idling along, constant fan.

Comment

Just for good measure I did mine too.I noticed a plug on the top of the cuircut board,is this simply for factory diagnostics or is there some type of extra add on that could be purchased and plugged into this?
          Harris welding torch
          Harris Cutting torch propane
          Syncrowave 200
          Mastercraft 4.5 grinder
          20 ton press
          Milwaukee 14" Dry Cut Machine
          Miller Digital Elite (Luckys Speed Shop)
          3/4" Welding Table

Comment

thanks for all the reply's. if the side panel comes off nicely, i'll do it there, similar to a computer, ahhaha..

it has been ran for exactly 21 hours, 0 Minutes, says the machine.

also, it says it has 72 cycles? which i thought were arc starts? but i know for a fact it has more than 72 arc starts on the machine. could someone clarify this?

Comment

Anyone know about that plug?
              Harris welding torch
              Harris Cutting torch propane
              Syncrowave 200
              Mastercraft 4.5 grinder
              20 ton press
              Milwaukee 14" Dry Cut Machine
              Miller Digital Elite (Luckys Speed Shop)
              3/4" Welding Table

Comment

Worry about cleaning it at 2100 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
                  Worry about cleaning it at 2100 hrs.
                  That would depend upon how much stuff gets blown in there by the rest of the work environment.
                  Miller Syncrowave 200
                  Homemade Water Cooler
                  130XP MIG
                  Spectrum 375
                  60 year old Logan Lathe

Comment

Originally posted by myistar View Post

also, it says it has 72 cycles? which i thought were arc starts? but i know for a fact it has more than 72 arc starts on the machine. could someone clarify this?
                    That's correct, but the counter goes only so far before it resets back to zero. Not sure, my guess (purely a guess) is 1,000,000
                    Miller Syncrowave 200
                    Homemade Water Cooler
                    130XP MIG
                    Spectrum 375
                    60 year old Logan Lathe

Comment

Should always regularly check inside of any machine looking for metallic dust and dirt, signs of terminals overheating, loose connections etc.

Comment

yeahh, but i know i haven't had 1 million arc starts and 24 on top of that. hahaa, in only 21 hours of welding.. that does confuse me.

Comment

Working...
                        X