X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
    Kevin,

Quit "bumping" and write the dang book.
    Well, I was trying to see if he simply took his ball and went home. Looks like that was the case.

This isn't rocket science people. Miller has made a machine that may be daunting to look at and to think about what all those buttons mean. The simple fact is that the manual tells you the function that each one of those buttons performs. Is it that hard to read? I may not have "understood" everything about my Dynasty when I bought it but I can tell you that I did read the manual, called Miller Tig Services when there was something that I didn't understand, and just got my ass to work using the machine.

It really isn't that difficult to understand what this machine does.
    Dynasty 350DX
    Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
    MM 350P
    MM Passport Plus
    Spectrum 375 Extreme
    08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

• Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
      I may not have "understood" everything about my Dynasty when I bought it but I can tell you that I did read the manual, called Miller Tig Services when there was something that I didn't understand
      Well there ya go!....you've been cheatin'!!!!!

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
      Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
      MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
      Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
      Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
      Miller 30-A Spoolgun
      Miller WC-115-A
      Miller Spectrum 300
      Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
      Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

• Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
        Well there ya go!....you've been cheatin'!!!!!
        Well if being honest is cheating..........guilty as charged. At least I'm not whining on the internet because someone won't teach me how to use my machine.

Dynasty 350DX
        Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
        MM 350P
        MM Passport Plus
        Spectrum 375 Extreme
        08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

• You know KP, in the mid 60's there wasn't a "how to" book around that told you how to use the original Linde Heli-Arc machines.

Funny thing is that TIG WELDERS somehow figured out for themselves what settings worked best for them.
          Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
          Dynasty 200 DX
          Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
          Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
          Hobart HH187
          Dialarc 250 AC/DC
          Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
          Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
          PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
          Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
          Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
          More grinders than hands

Comment

• Whining?

Originally posted by KB Fabrications View Post
            Well if being honest is cheating..........guilty as charged. At least I'm not whining on the internet because someone won't teach me how to use my machine.

No your not. Your whining about us whining! Not bothering me one bit tho. I'm just glad to see you here posting. (here I would put a happy face, but I wouldn't want to take your message out of context...oops I need another one. Dang it Miller, maybe I'll start my own thread and WHINE about how we NEED more smilies just to keep this board more civil!)
            And oh yea! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
            I am still imagining Kevin on the phone, asking some Miller engineer, "Now exactly WHAT were you thinking about when you installed THIS function?"

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
            Miller WC-115-A
            Miller Spectrum 300
            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

• Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
              No your not. Your whining about us whining! Not bothering me one bit tho. I'm just glad to see you here posting. (here I would put a happy face, but I wouldn't want to take your message out of context...oops I need another one. Dang it Miller, maybe I'll start my own thread and WHINE about how we NEED more smilies just to keep this board more civil!)
              And oh yea! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
              I am still imagining Kevin on the phone, asking some Miller engineer, "Now exactly WHAT were you thinking about when you installed THIS function?"
              Last edited by KB Fabrications; 11-25-2010, 07:23 PM.
              Dynasty 350DX
              Dynasty 200DX TigRunner
              MM 350P
              MM Passport Plus
              Spectrum 375 Extreme
              08' Trailblazer 302

Comment

• Advanced TIG Guide

Well, this is quite a long post . . and while I can't answer each and every detail, I'd like to clarify a few points that may be insightful.

First, Miller employs a variety of very talented, capable people - especially in the areas of welding and applications. That being said, our end-users are the experts that use our equipment to accomplish daily tasks and deal with those unique situations that inevitably come up.

When welding - especially TIG - with advanced power sources like the Dynasty, there are numerous ways to accomplish things. The overall process is quite simple, but applying it can be very complex when you consider all the variables even beyond the welder itself - material, filler, gas, fixturing, part geometry, quality requirements, etc. Each of these influences the weld and each welder may choose a different technique or "trick" to achieve success. Our focus has been to provide the necessary background that allows our customers to be successful at performing their magic.

From a resource perspective - you will find numerous books, articles and videos on TIG welding instruction. These cover the basic and advanced applications alike, but you may find them to be more general and theoretical as the topics become more advanced. Notable publications from Miller include the TIG Welding Handbook, TIG Welding for Dummies and your Miller Owner's Manual. You can download a basic setup guide for Dynasty products - which is a 2 page guide on the most common settings and adjustments . . and Miller also has an ever-expanding video libary (wink, wink) that can offer some tips. To find these and more, click on the link for Improving Your Skills.

At Miller, we continue to look for opportunities to improve our offering . . and we'll keep all of these questions and comments in mind as we develop support materials and programs. And remember, we're looking for any specifics that can be included so they better meet your needs.

Thanks.

Comment

• I remember a few years back we had a thread where a guy jumped in and said he could weld 1" aluminum with the DX 200. Sure there was skepticism, to put it mildly, but he got a hearing. That was the moment I knew I needed a DX. Magical properties.

Comment

• Gaslight,

Was that the same poster who said, "If elephants had wings, they could fly?"
                    Syncrowave 250 DX Tigrunner
                    Dynasty 200 DX
                    Miller XMT 304 w/714D Feeder & Optima Control
                    Miller MM 251 w/Q300 & 30A SG
                    Hobart HH187
                    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
                    Hypertherm PM 600 & 1250
                    Wilton 7"x12" bandsaw
                    PC Dry Cut Saw, Dewalt Chop Saw
                    Milwaukee 8" Metal Cut Saw, Milwaukee Portaband.
                    Thermco and Smith (2) Gas Mixers
                    More grinders than hands

Comment

• Originally posted by SundownIII View Post
                      Gaslight,

Was that the same poster who said, "If elephants had wings, they could fly?"
                      Dumbo can fly, and he only has his big ears

Comment

Working...
                      X