new tig machine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tig machine

i am pondering on what tig setup i want. i will only really use it at home, and dont really need anything to weld thats 1/4 inch. i am hoping to spend no more than around 1500 or so. do all tig machines need cooling systems? and i also want my machine to be capible of welding aluminum. i want to buy new with warranty also. thanks for your advice. Joe

Hi
    The entry level Miller AC/DC machine is the Diversion . It gets good reviews and it seems to be right about in your price range . I would start there if I were you.
    Miller MM252 with Bernard Q300
    Hypertherm PM30

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
      Hi
      The entry level Miller AC/DC machine is the Diversion . It gets good reviews and it seems to be right about in your price range . I would start there if I were you.
      i need something i can plug into a 115 recepticle.
      Last edited by loolagigi; 04-19-2009, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Well that eliminates the Diversion, Syncrowave and TA-185. And alum pretty much eliminates the harbor freight doo doo because you need AC also. Next up is the Dynasty, twice your budget.

The only good news is: No, all TIGs don't need coolers.
        RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by loolagigi View Post
          i need something i can plug into a 115 recepticle.
          You we be lucky if you could get 100 amps out of even the most efficient machines running off a standard 115 volt/15 amp outlet. (only useful for welding materials under 3/32" thick.) Under 100 amps you would not need a water cooled torch, a #9 or #17 torch would do. A water cooled torch would be useful when welding continuously over a 100 amps, tungsten holds up longer and the torch wont melt in your hand.

Comment

yeah, as said already, the Diversion165 would be your best bet, and just get a 220v line installed.

Comment

with your price range go get the diversion and put a 220 plug in the garage

Comment

Working...
              X