Rig Bed for Sale!! Fits Dodge Dually

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rig Bed for Sale!! Fits Dodge Dually

Completely custom rig bed built for 2002 dodge dually by Texas Haulers. A WELDERS DREAM! Custom everything, boxes, paint, drop down deck for welder/generator, build-in bottle racks, headache rack, LED lights-super trick. Only in operation for 2 months before owner purchased new truck. Original price was 13k, but looking to sell for 9,000 OBO.

Fits 2002 dodge dually and earlier models. Deck bed and boxes sprayed with linex-type material. Also outfitted to pull a fifth wheel. If you interested in viewing more pictures, please feel free to respond. $9000 or OBO

Email me for pictures.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fixsrigwelding@yahoo.com; 04-20-2009, 07:09 PM. Reason: Adding those Pics!

this thread is worthless without pictures.
    Miller Pipepro 304
    Miller Bluestar 2E
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Lincoln HD 175
    Victor Jr. torch
    Purox angle head torch
    Smith torch
    Atlas Lathe
    Bridgeport mill

Comment

You need to post some pictures of the deck. Makes it easier for everyone to see

Comment

Let's see it man.
        Miller 225 -Rip Miller 302 -Miller 135 Mig
        Lincoln 200 Mig 1990 SA 200
        Hypertherm 600 Plasma - Plasma Cam Cutting Table
        Makita Cold Saw And a John Deere 4030 for my right hand man. JL Welding tx.com

Comment

Originally posted by sae350
          If you are a rig welder and spend 13k on a deck that has about $1500 worth of steel in it, your wacked in the head.
          No kiddin! Plus, there wouldn't be the satisfaction of a job well done either. It is a nice bed, but don't think it's worth it to buy for 9K...
          sigpic
          Miller Trailblazer 302
          Smith Torch Outfit
          Lots of Grinders
          Miller Elite Autodark Hood
          O'l Trusty Jackson

Comment

I bought my bed from Texas Haulers. Payed $8625 for it. Mine is pretty basic compared to fixsrigwelding though. I thought I came out pretty good on it. Yeah their is only about $1,500 to 2k in metal but thats only the start of it. Their is latches,locks, gas springs,fenders,mud flaps, goose neck ball, welding rods, fuel, lights, paint. It would have take'n me at least 3 weeks to make anything close to what they built. That whole time I was at work making money not at home workin on a bed.You figure 9k minus 3 paychecks equals $1500 for a really nice bed. It only took 2 days to install the bed and swap my machine and tools. Just something to consider.

I do think their is a lot to be said for someone who does build their own bed.
            '08 F-350
            Vantage 400
            SA-250
            SA-200
            Invertec V350Pro
            Invertec V205T-AC/DC

Miller 12VS suitcase
            Miller spectrum 2050

Pipe beveler's
            Track torch

Comment

If you are a rig welder and spend 13k on a deck that has about $1500 worth of steel in it, your wacked in the head.
              No, that is immature and incorrect.
              hre

Comment

Professionalism?

It's a shame that you can't appreciate the craftsmanship that went into this bed. Texas Haulers did a fantastic job in making every detail of this as specified for my company and my equipment. My mistake for thinking that this was a website made up solely of professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by Coalsmoke View Post
                  No, that is immature and incorrect.
                  Thanks Coalsmoke!

Comment

Originally posted by Rig Hand View Post
                    I bought my bed from Texas Haulers. Payed $8625 for it. Mine is pretty basic compared to fixsrigwelding though. I thought I came out pretty good on it. Yeah their is only about $1,500 to 2k in metal but thats only the start of it. Their is latches,locks, gas springs,fenders,mud flaps, goose neck ball, welding rods, fuel, lights, paint. It would have take'n me at least 3 weeks to make anything close to what they built. That whole time I was at work making money not at home workin on a bed.You figure 9k minus 3 paychecks equals $1500 for a really nice bed. It only took 2 days to install the bed and swap my machine and tools. Just something to consider.

I do think their is a lot to be said for someone who does build their own bed.
                    THanks for your imput. You are correct, I would have liked to make my own custom bed, but sadly, the amount of money I would have lost, sittin at home fabin' a bed instead of pipe-lining would not have made sense.

Comment

I built a bed like this for a friend of mine who is a pipe welder and I charged about $ 10,000.00

Just because some one is a pipe welder doesnt mean that they know how to fabricate.

Also theres the fact that my friend was out doing what he knows best and making big money at it.

While I was building a bed for his new truck.

Just because your a pipe welder doesnt mean that you have a shop with cranes, shears, brakes, rollers, iron workers and all the different materials on hand to build a bed of this caliber.

Oh, And all the work that goes into the painting as well.

That is a fair price for that bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
                        I built a bed like this for a friend of mine who is a pipe welder and I charged about $ 10,000.00

Just because some one is a pipe welder doesnt mean that they know how to fabricate.

Also theres the fact that my friend was out doing what he knows best and making big money at it.

While I was building a bed for his new truck.

Just because your a pipe welder doesnt mean that you have a shop with cranes, shears, brakes, rollers, iron workers and all the different materials on hand to build a bed of this caliber.

Oh, And all the work that goes into the painting as well.

That is a fair price for that bed.
                        Thanks portable welder! It is a fair price.

Comment

Back to the business at hand

I had no idea that my custom bed would cause such a stir. So again,

Custom bed built by Texas Haulers
                          spray-on liner
                          Custom primer and paint
                          Lots of storage for all your equipment-side boxes and deck boxes
                          Drop down deck for welder/generator
                          headache rack
                          bottle racks
                          LED lights
                          $9,000 OBO

I am willing to consider your offers.
                          Thanks,
                          Fixsrigwelding

Comment

The one I built had cable wells so I had to roll the insides plus make lids for them that sit flush to the bed.
                            It was longer than yours, it had dual fuel tanks so I cut the fuel filler into the side of the truck bed for the fuel caps

I had to extend both fuel filler tubes.

My tanks were cut into the side of the bed, The tool boxes over the tires were bigger than yours and went all the way down, plus the day I spent with him when he came back into town to weld all the little pegs and rods for his specialty tools.

Then there were the fip up tie downs that sit flush when not being used.

SAE350, This was no week end project.

There were alot of little things that add up quick and it doesnt take long for them to add up.

If you have a decent place to build a truck and the time to do it then of course I see your point.

But my friend did not have the time or the place to do a bed like he wanted along with the tools and some of the fabricating skills that I have.

Here is a couple pics of my old clunker
                            Attached Files

Comment

Ok, now factor in the money you DIDN'T make building it? Why let a bed like urs go to waste with no paint....looks like it's just getting rusty?How much do you have in it? $2000 for materials....prob another grand in hardware(minimum I'd say)....1 week labor assuming you make somewheres around1500/wk? Sounds like you really busted ur ass to get it done in a week. And you still ned bodywork/paint....just sayin....
                              Immature is you thinking that I have no idea what it takes to build a bed. I have All the same things on my bed like mud flats that cost $30 at any truck stop and the same with the lights. I have gas shocks that are $20 at any auto parts store and the latches you can get pretty much any place to. I spent $40 each for mine. The flip down goose neck ball is $130 from reese. Fenders are $60 each. I know all these things because I have all the same stuff on my truck. I dont have paint on my bed but it only took me a week to make it look like this. As far as me not appreciating the craftsmanship, I never said that, I just said you spent way to much money and Texas haulers are not the only ones that can do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X