Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the most usual thing that you have fixed?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the most usual thing that you have fixed?

A keyless drill chuck. The ring that moves the jaws in and out had cracked. So I tigged it up.

Steve

I meant unusual cant even work the spell check right
    Last edited by acwd1950; 03-18-2009, 12:31 PM.

I burnt a hole on a brake line and decited to fix it with the tig. Holds good
    Last edited by m.k.swelding; 03-18-2009, 06:08 AM.

Comment

most USUAL?

So you want to know what is it we most often fix??
      Well for me it would be busted skegs and leaking pontoon logs.

Comment

A stainless medical device used by a OBGYN.

Comment

Originally posted by m.k.swelding View Post
          I burnt a hole on a brake line and decited to fix it with the tig. Holds good
          that would keep me awake at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicegrip View Post
            that would keep me awake at night.
            yeah no kidding.... esp since a new piece of brake line costs like $5....

Comment

Originally posted by acwd1950 View Post
              A keyless drill chuck. The ring that moves the jaws in and out had cracked. So I tigged it up.

Steve
              I assume that you mean "fixed by welding" or just any repair.

Comment

I fixed my dog does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
                  So you want to know what is it we most often fix??
                  Well for me it would be busted skegs and leaking pontoon logs.
                  I meant unusual and for some reason I clicked on the wrong word using spell check. I mean whats the most unusual thing that you have welded or fixed? Sorry for the confusion

Steve

Comment

Probably the strangest thing I have welded and it held was .........two of the four spider gears in the rear end of a 87 Dodge had some broken teeth. I built them up with mig and shaped with a grinder and reassembled. Worked fine. After I located new gears I replaced with new.

Comment

I fixed a tool that a rancher friend of mine uses. It is made to put rubber bands on Bulls for castration. Yes, I did wash it before, I touched it.

Wierd enough?

Peace,
                      Paul

Comment

"And, That Ain't No Bull"

Originally posted by Paul Seaman View Post
                        I fixed a tool that a rancher friend of mine uses. It is made to put rubber bands on Bulls for castration. Yes, I did wash it before, I touched it.

Wierd enough?

Peace,
                        Paul
                        Well, here's one I did not do. A friend of mine wanted to know if I could weld a buckle on his wife's handbag. Turned out it was a "Coach", (they're like $500), and I suggested he either take it back where they bought it (I believe a lifetime gaurantee), or a jeweler. Still trying to figure out where to attach a 500 amp ground clamp to a hand bag!

Comment

I welded the head back on a cast iron duck.....from that point on out it had a silver necklace on.....welded the cast aluminum grabbing teeth back on an echo chainsaw for my dad.....used tig on that and had to take the whole thing apart. Welded up some swinging rifle targets for the local pd also. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Seaman View Post

Weird enough?

Peace,
                            Paul
                            Those are called "docking pliers". Always makes me cringe just thinking them.

OUCH!

Comment

welding other materials than metal.

I plastic welded my aunts little brackets that hold the grille on to the front of her car. Plastic welding sucks.
                              My last job I did alot of wax welding for the investment casting process.(that also sucked dingle berries.)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.